ENT

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by Mpt, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hi Dr Nagler,

I went to an ENT this morning for the second time since my onset. I've had tinnitus for 2 months now, if anything the noise might be worse than it originally was, but my reaction to it is better. Anyway, he said something that I don't know is really true or not. He said that even for individuals like myself with intrusive tinnitus there is usually a large improvement between 2-3 months out and 6-12 months out to the point where the majority of people who have intrusive tinnitus at 2 months after onset have a difficult time hearing their tinnitus 12 months after onset. In your experience is this true?

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      @Mpt -

My experience is largely with folks for whom it is not true. Those who exhibit a large improvement fairly early on never make it to my clinic - they have no need!

It is my understanding that a goodly number of tinnitus sufferers do improve dramatically over the first year, but you asked me about my experience ... and I just don't have a lot of experience with them.

I do not think I answered your question particularly well, but I gave it my best shot. Hope it helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler