EStimME Treatment

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by wizman, Jan 6, 2015.

1. wizman

wizman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1987
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fireworks
      Has anyone experienced or heard about EStimME treatment?

http://estimme.com/

The EStimME System

EStimME is developing a miniaturized implantable system for the treatment of tinnitus via electrical stimulation of the auditory (cochlear) nerve. The system is implanted in a minimally invasive, atraumatic approach to the middle ear and the implantation is completely reversible.

Electrical stimulation of the cochlea has been shown to be effective in tinnitus suppression with up to 90% success rate, when tested on profound deaf patients using a cochlear implant.

EStimME’s system provides for the first time, a solution for the hearing/hearing impaired that addresses the underlying mechanism of tinnitus, and not just the symptoms of this debilitating condition.

A tiny neurostimulator the size of a grain of rice delivers electrical signals to the cochlear nerve. The neurostimulator is remotely powered and controlled by an external unit.

A self-expandable stent-like chassis made of nitinol enables easy deployment and a-traumatic fixation of the neurostimulator in the middle ear through the ear-canal.

An external unit enables control of the neurostimulator, and is activated on a predefined daily schedule and according to the patient’s demand.

A clinical trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of the EStimME system is currently under way in Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem. Interim results show electrical stimulation of the cochlear nerve to be safe and effective in achieving tinnitus suppression.

The EStimME system is an investigational device, limited to investigational use only.

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I heard of it a long while ago and looking at their website news page there has not been any updates in 2 years so not good sign. As with all devices, I believe if they are as good as they are marketed and actually were successful in treating or suppressing tinnitus, we would all know about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wizman

wizman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1987
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fireworks
      What à pity that semeed so promising
      I think its worth contacting them to see if any news
      I ll try to email