ETD Crackling Ears / Noise Induced / Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nathan2013, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Nathan2013
      Alienated

Nathan2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD / Noise Induced
      Hi Everyone,

I've had tinnitus for about 6 months now, and I think I got it from ETD after getting multiple tonsillitis infections. Since then, my main issue has been tinnitus and these crackling noises I feel is coming from some sort of fluid in my ears. I can pop my ears to equalize pressure, but I have to consistently do that so my ears don't feel uncomfortable because of the pressure.

But swallowing, I hear these crackling (kind of loud) popping noises in my ears, as if it were a bubble of fluid popping and letting air into my ears. I think the pressure and fluid is causing my tinnitus. I also feel that some of it is noise-induced from hearing loud music. With that said, I am just worried that the crackling sounds could make my tinnitus worse?

I think that the dB of the crackling ETD problem is low, but it is quite close to my ear and I also get anxious so that's why I probably am scared of this crackling, but maybe I should not be as much.

Anyone have experience with these crackling noises in their ears from ETD??

2. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have this same problem. I'm not sure if its caused by ETD. I have no Idea what exactly caused my tinnitus but when i swallow both of my ears pop loud. I also have this sound that just pops all the the time when someone talks or if I talk in my right ear it's like a beginning pop when the conversation starts and then when they finish saying something another pop happens. Has this happened to you?

• Like Like x 1
    3. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      I have ETD and some fluid in the left ear. I discussed with my Balance Therapist as I had BPPV, and with my concussion doc. Both said the fluid is nothing to worry about and they will continue to monitor. Doc will check again on the 25th. Popping is a normal action for the Eustachian tubes caused by relieving pressure in the inner ear.

• Like Like x 1