Eustachian Tube Dysfunction: Tinnitus Can Be Cured?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ernesto, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      Do you know if this kind of tinnitus can disappear once the Eustachian tube dysfunction is solved?
      I think I have a problem with the pressure in the middle ear because I have a crackling noise in the ear when swallowing. And this feeling has coincided with a worsening in tinnitus.
      Also when opening the mouth I have a strange feeling in my ear.

I will have a myringotomy surgery (a very small perforation in the eardrum) so that the pressure can be properly balanced.

Do you know if this kind of surgery can solve the tinnitus in these cases??

Thanks a lot my friends,
      Regards

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      Does anyone know anything about this??
      Thanks

3. Steffi

Steffi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music (initially)
      @Ernesto
      Hi. I have had increased T since Christmas (previously very very mild) due to a combination of an upper respiratory infection/ sinusitis/ Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Since then I've suffered with ear fullness, periodic ear pain, crackling and a difficulty in coping with pressure changes. Even standing in my porch or being in an elevator was troublesome. I haven't had surgery but my T is very slowly getting better. It is quieter, softer and less intrusive. This improvement has been more noticeable since I stopped taking the nasal spray I was prescribed and just gave myself time to heal.
      Hope you see an improvement soon.
      Steph

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      Thanks a lot @Steffi
      Did your T worsened a lot? In my case it is much more difficult to cope with it.
      You are not thinking about having that surgery (myringotomy)?

When you sleep, do you feel more pressure on the ear if you support the ear on the pillow?

Sorry for my English...

5. Steffi

Steffi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music (initially)
      @Ernesto
      Hello. Yes my ear got a lot worse than it was but I'd still describe it as moderate at its worst. My Dr was convinced my T would improve once my Eustachian Tubes cleared up. Things are getting slowly better so I haven't considered any other treatments. My T is however quite reactive so gets worse as the day goes on but is never severe. I feel I can cope with it as it is now and it is in one ear only.
      I am better with my T ear on the pillow and if I lie quite flat. Hope this helps.
      Steph

6. pytajnick

pytajnick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi!
      Did your condition get better after the myringotomy?
      I suspect that my T might be connected to ETD problems.

7. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Don't be sorry. Its perfectly good and you are easily understood by English speakers.

• Agree Agree x 1