Exactly WTF? Some of the Information About Tinnitus Is Total Bullshit by Complete Idiots

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnAdams, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Gee you have done your homework Greg, you certainly have read enough enough articles, but like you said it takes a lot of work to decipher and catalogue all this information. The article on Benign intracranial hypertension was also an interesting read, especially for PT.

Totally agree with you it is hard to know everything, but more research is definitely needed.

2. ESCAPADO
      Disappointed

ESCAPADO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it's high blood pressure ,maybe brain thing.
      Mine started about 2 months ago. Annoying as HELL!! I found a long, rambling (56 minutes) video about Clear Ear Plus. This guy and some Dr. from the Secret Society of Brainiacs concocted this (natural) remedy pill. All for just $69 a bottle. Then I found another video( 1 hour or read it) from another guy and his brainiac friend(from out of the shadows). Same concoction,same BULLSHIT. This one was Tinnitus 911. See a trend here?!?!

I must admit though I fell for the Clear Ear Plus. Figured it could not hurt to try it. DID NOT WORK!!!! But I did get my money back. Fool me once,shame on you,Fool me twice, shame on ME. Didn't get sucked in to the Tinnitus 911. Word to the wise,so they say.

For me I feel it's high blood pressure because when the pressure goes up so does the volume. It's not loss of hearing for me. My hearing is fine. I don't listen to loud R&R anymore. I'm a Blues kinda guy. But the ringing I hear now is what I had after coming home from an OZZY concert(mosh pit). After more investigation looks like it's a auditory brain problem. Which leaves the question,W.T.F. now?? The Brit's have a sound device that recalibrates your auditory brain circuit. On You Tube. Where do I get it!?

Good Luck to All

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Yesterday, I posted this - many with tinnitus, non pulsatile tinnitus with no noted hearing loss have neck vascular issues as cause. This statement is from a highly professional research article. I have discussed hypertension with or without hearing loss many times.

What is needed:
      First blood pressure testing several times a day. Hyperactivity may be sudden and just for brief moments, but all sorts of physical damage can be done from this - including eyes, veins and arteries, brain white matter increasing, heart problems, kidney problems and abdominal aortic enlargement called AAA. Increase in tinnitus.

Complete blood testing. Eye examination - retina -optic if needed. Heart ECHO if needed.
      Ultrasounds of neck veins and arteries.
      Cranial nerve assessment.

Very important is not to twist neck and shoulders into an awkward position with hypertension - vascular.

4. Bill Arsenault

Bill Arsenault Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Permanent/Highly intrusive since 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Over Exposure. Worsened by ototoxic Street Drugs/Meds.
      Fun Fact:
      If I take the same medication that caused my tinnitus and made it worse- I definitely get temporary relief- at the cost of permanently worse tinnitus when the drugs wear off.
      Every time.
      Even Lidocaine from the dentist has this effect.

5. ESCAPADO
      Disappointed

ESCAPADO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it's high blood pressure ,maybe brain thing.
      I do have a neck issue. I tried the Chinese acupressure point. Nuthin!!! But who trusts the Chinese now days:)