Experiencing some ear ringing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michael Aldridge, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Michael Aldridge
      Chatty

Michael Aldridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/23/14
      Hi I am Mike & hello to everyone !

Not sure if this is the correct area to post yet here goes. I started working in a noisy factory and started to experience noise in both ears. Sort of consistent with going to a concert. That high pitch yet fairly faint noise.
      I have never heard it before. There is a method i used to combat it which works for a little bit. It is the hands over ears finger flick on the base of the neck thing. If removed from the factory can I assume that the noise will dissipate same as it does "after" being at a loud concert ?

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Is it constant? Or only when you
      Leave the factory and then goes away like a concert? My advice is if your ears temporary ring when you leave the factory then either quit, or wear earplugs to work. It means your having some kind of damage and its too loud so protect now or it will get worse.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Aldridge
      Chatty

Michael Aldridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/23/14
      Hi Grace & thanks for the reply. I hear it after I leave the factory when it is quiet. Do not hear it while working. I have not had enough days off to see if it goes away such as several days after a concert. For instance more than several days off. I started to wear plugs from day one then went to safety ear muffs. Mike

4. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If it were me, knowing what I know now, I'd never go back. No job is worth getting stuck with persistent tinnitus. Hope it goes away for you, Michael.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Aldridge
      Chatty

Michael Aldridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/23/14
      Yeah my thoughts exactly. The job is crappy anyhow for real yet I need to work so have to find something else or idk? The noise has been good today. Not much of an issue :)

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Im sure youl be fine with muffs, just keep wearing them!!!!! :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Aldridge
      Chatty

Michael Aldridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/23/14
      I alternate between the plugs and muffs. Muffs are great for drowning out lots of stuff. I wonder if listing to music would help thorough a headset or ipod etc. Wondering if I "always" had tinnitus & never knew until now? So I assume either the noise itself or the plugs are irritating the issue?

8. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise anxiety and antidepressants
      Start protecting your ears ASAP!

9. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Bring in an accurate Db meter and wear protection at all times. No music will help. You very well may have had it for years but it hasn't come to the forefront until now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Aldridge
      Chatty

Michael Aldridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/23/14
      It is possible that I may just go to a different company. I am wondering if after a while out of the current company does will or can the tinnitus go away same as days after a concert. In other words the current company is just "irritating" it.