Expose the Right Ear for Sound but Feel Pain in the Left, Strange or Not?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kes, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Kes
      Confused

Kes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting and loud music
      Hi,
      Before going to the ENT I have been experimenting to map types of sounds that creates pain in my left ear. So far «s»-sounds during speaking (incl. my own), tapping water, scratching paper and some type of fabric, handling dishes and so on.

Indeed I feel the pain in the left ear, and feel relief by blocking it in some situations.

This morning I experienced something strange with my head close to the pillow. If I scratch at the pillow fabric very close to my right ear I felt pain in my left ear!? Could I bee fooled by the «brain»?

2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      That happens to me as well. Sometimes a loud sound comes from the right and the pressure I feel afterwards tends to focus on the left side. I dont really know the reason for it, but it does happen.

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Yes, it is strange but it happens to me also. I lost all of the hearing in my left ear four years ago and my deaf ear responds to every noise my right ear hears. Definitely, if I scratch pillow fabric near my right ear, I will feel it in my deaf ear and I will hear reactive noise in my deaf ear. This freaked me out in the beginning but not anymore. It's annoying, uncomfortable but not intense now. I have grown accustomed to experiencing sound in this way. I carry earplugs and I avoid really loud situations.