Eyo Guys How Ya Doin' :)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Hi everyone, haven't been posting in a while since yesterday.
      I've mostly come to terms with my Tinnitus, mostly not habituated yet.
      Yesterday I had some weird pressure change thing that made my ear reactive as hell for bout half an hour, was worried it was an infection.
      It went away soon enough, I wanted to ask you guys, for the last week or so I've been waking up with pressure in my left ear, goes away after a few yawns or the valsava thing, but I wanted to ask you guys what is it.
      I think I'll go to the ENT again just to be safe it ain't an infection, the ENT I went to last time will be the same as this one, a smart doctor, gave me a hearing test, checked for any abnormalities, asked me how I got it, do I have a history of noise exposure and so on.
      Didn't really give me an extensive test that sucked a bit but oh well.
      She gave me B12 shots I think they helped, didn't give me steroids though but I think it was too late since it had already been 3-4 days.
      I'm gonna go check if its an infection or if its just the snow changing the pressure, also I get a really runny nose so it might be that too.
      All in all I'll check it out anyway but I would like to hear what you have to say.

2. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Ilija ,

I wake up most mornings with the need to pop my ears and a feeling of weird pressure in there too. I think it's due to the fact that you spend most of the night not moving your mouth much, so your ears don't have a chance to change pressure or equalize. The pressure in our environments is not a constant thing. Things like closing doors, furnaces, air conditioners, rolling up windows in cars, rolling them down, slight changes in elevation, etc. all affect the equilibrium of pressure in our middle ears. For most, it's really slight and not noticeable, but for some (especially us because we pay a lot of attention to our ears!) it is a lot more noticeable. In my opinion it sounds like it's perfectly normal what you're experiencing. If you're truly concerned and want to play it on the safe side, or if you're experiencing some pain associated with these pressure feelings, by all means get checked out by a doc.

I hope you're doing well!