F*ck You Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Zug, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Roughly a Year after developing T. I'm in a conference room. A thousand people seated. There's still a line outside of people wanting to get in.

I'll be giving the talk.

F*ck you Tinnitus. F*ck you bigtime, I win!

(I promise to elaborate later, but I wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone before going onstage).

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Glade to heard that.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Give update!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @Zug
      Well done!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      We want an Update!

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Hey @hoper @Phil-O @Dominic1955 , sorry I took so long to come back. Counting airports, connections, etc, the city I gave the talk was 7 hours away from home. I came back and gave myself some time off.

I'm a Writer, wrote 6 books, have an Internet Column, was constantly on the media, etc. I was used to reading a lot. Then about a year ago T hit me. I have it badly, both ears, sometimes I swear the frequencies changes, and now and then I can even hear it in the shower.

I'm not "Yey, habituation!" yet, so this is not a full blown "success story". But I'm reading again, working, taking it one small step at a time. As I was used to work in silence, I was hit really hard. (This is me at my lowest point: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...child-and-broke-up-with-me.11834/#post-145642).

After a year,what can I say? It sure bothers me, concentration still is an issue, but I am improving: I don't use masking anymore, I sleep well at night, I study even if it's a couple of pages a day... Last week a contact called saying that he had a last minute cancelation for a speaker, I though "what the hell, sooner or later I'm gonna have to do it", and off I went.

I flew in, word got around I was there, so I gave interviews before the event, there was a line before it and people standing on the back while I was talking. So yeah, Tinnitus is a bitch, but it does get better, even if slowly. Now I got a new girlfriend, I am writing again, and could even face a big room of people with speakers, microphones, etc. Pretty awesome!

So, a huge thanks to everyone, specially @billie48 and @glynis who were always there when I needed. Also @caffclifton and @Hope2015 and @Phil-O whom I now have on my Facebook. Just knowing you guys are out there, living your life, etc, helps me when it's hard to deal with this shit. Huge thank you to everyone in this forum, everyone who took the time to say something, and sorry for the times I was suffering and was harsh with some of you. Most people here are suffering, let's try to be kind to each other. Also @I who love music , huge thank you man! Listen to him people!!!

Give it Time, exercise, go out, maybe there isn't only one way to "get better", but comparing to a year ago, I am. Hopefully things will keep improving for me and you guys.

For now, I'll try to focus on my work, earn some money, have fun. Also, make the occasional donation to a Tinnitus related organization. If we, the patients, don't help ourselves, who will?

@Markku and @Steve built something really important here. They walk a fine line between trying to be fair to everyone and dealing with a lot of people who are having a bad time with a difficult condition. I applaud their effort.

Best to you all,
      Zug

• Like Like x 8
    7. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      @Zug und das Ganze auf Deutsch?

8. AUTHOR