First Hearing Therapist Appointment Tomorrow (NHS) — What to Expect?

Discussion in 'Support' started by orbiter12, Aug 17, 2017.

1. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      First appointment with a hearing therapist is tomorrow morning through the NHS.

What can I expect from the session (60 mins long).

I'm not sure if I'm going to be having TRT (or if my hospital even offer it), CBT (which my GP is organising for me) or MCBT. Should I be asking for any of these things?

Has anyone been referred to a hearing therapist under the NHS and can give me some information?

@Michael Leigh I believe you might be knowledgeable about this subject as you said you've undergone counseling with a hearing therapist under the NHS. Care to add any information?

Thanks,
      Ryan

2. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Don't expect a great deal to be honest - here's a relevant thread from another British Forum:

https://healthunlocked.com/bta/posts/136296835/nhs-is-a-joke

It would be interesting to know if you were offered TRT though - Michael Leigh claims this is freely available on the NHS, but the evidence of myself and most others who have used the NHS (so thread above) is the exact opposite.

3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I think it was when he received it, but with constant cutbacks over time it appears to be something rarely offered now.