First Motorcycle Ride Since Tinnitus Started... Now Back to a Normal Life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MikeB1996, Sep 5, 2017.

1. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Hey all, so i joined this forum about 2 weeks ago, I got my tinnitus from a loud rave...

The first 4 days I heard it I got extremely paranoid... I stopped seeing my friends and tried avoiding people and interactions so I could sit in my room and... Well... listen to my T and give up all hopes for a happy life, I ditched my motorcycle because I was afraid of literally any sound, even though my bike isn't awfully loud.

I basically acted as if my life was ruined. I listened if my T was there every second one of every day, wherever I was and whatever i was doing.

Now I'm at about 2 and half weeks in, I started seeing my friends again, and I noticed the more I did the more I forgot it's there, I even went for a ride on my motorcycle yesterday (with ear protection of course) and never felt happier...

All I want to say is that it really does get easier, the first time we hear the ringing the brain has a "fight or flight" reaction.. and it's normal.

I even started to listen to music again, as I always loved music, I simply watch the level of volume around me, and always bring some ear plugs with me. I'm still hoping my T will go away, but if not, I'm sure I'll be just fine :)

• Like Like x 4
    2. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MikeB1996 Congrats! Im really happy for you you manage so quickly!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Thanks @Tinizzy , I'm surprised myself as i am a very paranoid person when it comes to stuff like this :) what helped me a bit was the fact that when i spoke to people about it, many said they have it as well.. some said that they have it for ages and they don't care about it.. and other said that they thought everyone hears it.. i was surprised.. i just told them to stay safe so it doesn't get louder :) Never realised how common this is.

4. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MikeB1996 Yeah? Also people your age? Im 24 and when I was asking my boyfriend and some other friends have it too but they arent scared of it. Whereas I am :(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Yeah @Tinizzy people my age older and younger :) then there is my friend who goes to a rave EVERY weekend... And doesn't have it.. I'm jealous of her.. My best friend doesn't have it either and i could only wish i could hear the silence he does.. But I'm fine with it.. Just anytime you hear think "yeah it's there..But it doesn't bother me" that's what i did for the two weeks..Helped a lot :) Hope you'll be better soon :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      Always nice to read recovery stories. May I ask has your T changed since you got it? Is it in one ear or both ears, or is it concentrated on your head?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Hey @Freeatlast , the first week the right ear had an odd noise, like a computer working..I'd hear it for 2 seconds.. stops for a second and continues like that.. the exact sound of pc working haha :) now that's gone, i hear a very slight ring in the right and a loud enough ring in the left. If i listen enough i can hear up to 3 different rings.