Flying with ETD (Eustachian Tube Dysfunction) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by bmxer883, Dec 31, 2021.

1. bmxer883

bmxer883 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So almost a year now of having ear problems from having COVID-19. Never had issues with my ears before and flying didn't bother them one bit. Never even had an ear infection before that I can remember.

I'm scared to fly now because my ears are always so full and I constantly have to pop them while driving down the road. So I'm worried that a plane would do damage and it's not like I can stop the plane while in the air.

What's everyone else's experience? My ENT told me if my ears are bothering me I shouldn't fly but the problem is they always bother me. My ears do get worse with colds and allergies but even on my best days I constantly pop my ears.

I don't care to fly to begin with but I have a family member in bad health I'd like to see but I don't want to mess my ears up any more than they are. I have a hard time dealing with them now, and if they got worse I don't know how I could keep enjoying life.

2. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      My ENT suggested aviation earplugs, but I haven't flown/tried them yet. Eargasm makes nice plugs.