Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. incelitus
      Question it

incelitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      qtip gangbang/kurt cobain
      Well at least we got a day now.
      It was getting depressing being unaware of what was happening.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Pero1234

Pero1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      home theatre system + high pressure washer
      Oh my god! So excited!!

Sooner than I thought!

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Why is everyone so excited? Nowhere is mentioned that they will already present phase 1 results at this conference (there are more than 450 companies presenting there).

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    4. LAnative
      Fine

LAnative Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      OH MAN AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS OF SPECULATION WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO KNOW!

I have a good feeling about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Wow, that's in 4 days. I wonder if they will discuss the phase 1a/1b results or if this is just more talk about the company in general. The timing is incredible though. I'd say this is good news!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Marko Nakovski
      Bored

Marko Nakovski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I just hope they will say something about the trials. Lots of us would be very disappointed if they doesn't focus on the main thing and talk about something out of the topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    7. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      We are inferring that they have a good product and are pitching it to investors. This probably means it restores hearing to some degree.

And even though people hate me for saying this, restoring hearing loss should alleviate tinnitus, and that's us.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      LOL. No one hates you for saying that. I completely believe that to be true also and I know for a fact correcting the frequencies with hearing aids makes tinnitus go down in volume, not just being less noticeable since I experiment on myself all the time. My brain only takes minutes to realize my hearing aid isn't there and tinnitus goes up and vice versa. Our brains are plastic and are just reacting to the lack of frequencies that we are getting due to dead hair cells. There is also a direct correlation between tinnitus volume and hearing loss. There are other factors, blood pressure, anxiety, etc etc, but this is going to be a big win for the majority of the people on this board.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Enclave

Enclave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Meh
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meh
      I live in San Francisco and I’ve tried reaching out to the venue administrators as well as the JP Morgan contacts for this event. This conference is exclusive to affiliated investors and individuals who have ties to JP Morgan. If anyone in this thread works for JP Morgan, or has family associated with JP Morgan and can get me a pass I will provide in depth detail to this thread about what was discussed during this presentation.

I will also try to speak with David Lucchino afterwards during their Q&A and will try to gain any insightful information I can bring to you all.

Please reach out to me if any of you can help.
      I have also confirmed that the Frequency Therapeutics part of the presentations will not be available via webcast.

• Like Like x 5
      • Helpful Helpful x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    10. d'Wooluf

d'Wooluf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      ... and you probably wouldn't want your big news to be drowned out in the noise. We'll know in a few days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Could be. We could see a ”we just finished a succesful trial and we will release our report on Jan XX” -tease.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This may be a closed door seminar. It may be on youtube. Who knows.
      It's about their hearing loss "asset" so its probably a really good sign.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    13. Gorbeh3

Gorbeh3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      This conference is the real deal, hopefully they report spectacular results from phase 1.5.

Thank god there is NFL playoffs and the CFB championship game to distract myself until the results are released.

• Funny Funny x 4
    14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Isn't it great that instead of running to us and telling us that they had good results and to have hope for our lives that first they are going to a closed door investor seminar to tell bankers that there is hope for their investments?

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. swc5150

swc5150 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      Investors are those who’ll provide the capital to bring the treatment to market, so I actually think it is great.

We should be excited they could be looking for the financial backing to produce and deliver this product on a mass scale (assuming it works).

• Agree Agree x 7
    16. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Investors will realize hearing aids and TRT are more profitable in the long run.

I am skeptical about hair cell regeneration being that useful when we know cochlear ribbon synapse death is more common then hair cell death.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been saying the economics of all this might conspire to screw us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes - It IS great.

You make me sick.

Have you no sense of decency? You should be kissing the feet of the people who made it possible for you to hope for a cure (and of course that would be the investors, and not the scientists; scientists are a dime a dozen - people willing to pay those scientists to work on research are the ones that are hard to find). Instead, you think that their motives for making it happen are invalid. Apparently, they should not be thinking about themselves and their family, they should be thinking about some stranger. How dare you be so selfish, as to Require and Expect strangers to work for your benefit for free?! What is wrong with you?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      This is a genuine concern. In the world of diabetes research, I've read that one of the three main pharma companies that market insulin to the public has successfully bid for and purchased the technology called islet capsule transplantation. An innovation that promises diabetics freedom from monitoring and injecting insulin for up to two years. A truly incredible promise!

But now that tech is owned by one of the very companies that sells insulin, a hundred year old discovery and the price of which has risen by 1500 per cent since the 1990's, to do with the tech as they please and at a price whatever their heart desires.

If FX-322 really works, Monday's event would be an excellent opportunity for Big Hearing Aid to consider an impossibly tantalising offer for the technology and do with it what they will. A bleak prospect and not out of the question.

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      If the drug works, they're gonna make their money and we're gonna have restored hearing and hopefully tinnitus free.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    21. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Hopefully it ends up being more like the eye glass industry.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. incelitus
      Question it

incelitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      qtip gangbang/kurt cobain
      Lol what the f*ck.
      This is your brain on American neo liberalism.
      Good thing the EU has its own little research thing going, even if less promising and less braggadocious, I can almost fully trust them.
      Also part of the reason why I wouldn't be that worried. Competition pharma can't buy is showing up.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Show source.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry, when exactly did I say they should work for free? You just completely made that up. Good job!

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      I agree it’s not out of the question, but isn’t it also a possibility that ”big pharma” would come in a buy this to compete with ”big hearing aid”? Hearing aids are after all in a sense a different branch of the health care industry. They sell electronics, not medicine. Don’t you think the likes of Pfizer or AstraZeneca would love to take over their whole customer base?

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the US, patents expire after something like 15 years. You want the people who invest into risky research (most of which doesn't pay off) to have a reason to do it, right?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here's just one of Frequency Therapeutics's potential opponents. Starkey Hearing Technology, one of the big 6 hearing aid companies, ran by slimey frauds.

http://m.startribune.com/starkey-owner-bill-austin-tells-of-his-high-flying-life-in-federal-court/473994253/

"Austin (owner bill austin) also testified about a mystical experience in Mexico in which he believes an angel spoke through him."

A fallen angel?

That reminds me of where people go to South America and take a powerful hallucinogen called ayahuasca and get possessed by demons.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ok. Please explain what is wrong with what I said. You know, the above is not a logical explanation.

You disagree that they ought to have a right to maximize their profit. You want them to work for you for a price that is below the one that they would have chosen themselves. Slaves also didn't work "for free" - they received food, etc. It was below the compensation that they would have chosen themselves, but other people decided that that is all they should be getting for their labour.

29. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Of course they should have the right, but if it was me, just knowing how bad people are suffering, I would release my FDA trial info to them or at least drop a hint and invest in their emotional wellbeing and give them hope which is worth more than money. They'll still make money, they have this patented. They will make a load of money man.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Christ, you have no clue how pharma and companies work? You think they can just drop a hint or publish any data before its time? They have to think about the publicity, positive or negative PR, investor relations, FDA processes, peer review controls. They will try to avoid all risk by not publishing data, info or hints too early. It's tiring reading your crap about how these cutting edge companies should serve our needs and taking our feelings into consideration. They have bigger things to worry themselves over. You would be a horrible CEO, totally out of control, you would work off your feelings and random ideas instead of long-term care and planning.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1