From Roaring Ear to Crackling?

Discussion in 'Support' started by robinbird, Mar 26, 2015.

1. robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      Hi everyone, if you have read my posts you know that I started off with a roaring noise in my ear last February.

It has gone through many sound variations, including volume ranges from loud to soft. Seems like no rhyme or reason to this.

But these last two days my ear has taken on a new sound. A crackling sound. I describe it as ice on tiny tree branches that click together in the wind. Of course there is a buzz behind the crackling. This morning I heard a cracking sound but spaced farther apart. My family doctor says according to my hearing chart that it is hearing loss. I don't need to see ENT. But, all the reading I have done suggests I may have eustachian tube dysfunction. I am going to see an ENT of my choice next week anyway.

Any thoughts on this? Plus this morning when I was massaging around my ear the crackling started. Also, several weeks back I did experience some pain in my ear but has since gone away. Thanks for your input. The crackling has started again. This is something new.

I may add that we use a woodstove for the winter and it sits in the middle of the house. Could that be a factor in my ear situation?!

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Could the cracking noise be eustachian tube dysfunction?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      I am beginning to think so. Today the noise was almost gone. Tonight it is back but the volume is much lower. Never thought I could get so obsessed withy ears.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Dirtworks

Dirtworks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly loud power tools
      I know this is old but Iā€™m beginning to suspect my wood stove as well.

They really dry out the air. I had windows open all day today and let the fire go out.

Last night I felt some major sinus drain though the back of my throat and tinnitus seems a little quieter this morning.