Good Day to All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marcel, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Marcel

Marcel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial noises plus major infection in left ear in 2006
      I am new to this forum and amazed so many people are living as me a hell on earth. I am 63 years old and started with a mild case of tinnitus in the left ear back around 2001. It all started when I was injured (my back) at work and the doctor prescribed taking up to 24 aspirins daily. After a few month I reported to the doctor thatI was getting a buzzing noise in my left ear so he told me to stop taking any aspirins. It was right that it was reported taking too much ASA could cause tinnitus. During that time I would only hear a light buzzing when it was perfectly quiet. In 2006, I was blessed with a cold that caused major infection in my left ear and I've been in hell since. Now I live with the ringing that I would say is a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. I do consider myself lucky for having tinnitus in only my left ear. I cannot imagine how people with tinnitus in both ears manages to live from day to day. I really feel for you people. Through the years I have been able to discover a few things that helps in moments of despair. I found that after awhile my mind has gotten use to the ringing and it doesn't bother me as much unless I have a head cold as I am experiencing right now?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Hello,

I have a 8 to 9 T in both ears. It started when I was 18. I'm 30 now. At first it was mild in just one ear. I guess we, humans, are able to adapt to everything ;) Until we can't.

Protect your ears and you'll go on fine ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Marcel,

Welcome aboard!

Everyone in the world faces some type of hardship: financial, physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. I look at it this way: there are much worse conditions to be afflicted with than tinnitus. Additionally, technology will continue to aid science and medicine in unlocking human frailties (ie. tinnitus). It is not a matter of if, but when! :)