Good High Quality Sound System?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dja, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      So whenever I play video games with the sound coming off.my current sound system my ears get into a terrible state. Fullness muffled hearing and just overall pain. I realised recently that it had to the speakers. It happens in my car as well but it doesn't happen in my friends car who has some sort of surround system thing. I can easily listen to music for hours in his car while I get sour in mine after like a couple of minutes. Same for my crappy TV sound system.

Does anyone have recommendation of a good sound system for tinnitus?

2. Tempest
      Tired

Tempest Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I think you can use Windows' own built in EQ to make it more pleasing, I'm not sure if car stereos have the same option.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tbh rather just buy a good sound system. Not many reactions so may have to searvh and decide my own. The one i have connected with my tv has killed me for the longest time and ive only realized now that i never have the issue in my friend's car

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      yeah you need an EQ, I have hypersensitivity to higher frequency sounds, I just turn the treble setting down two notches and everything sounds good and normal as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks ill try it out.

6. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I am an AV enthusiast so I will not post a wall of text here reviewing speakers and receivers :).

What I can say is that speakers all differ in how soft or sharp they sound.

For Example; Klipsch have a softer/warmer sound than something like Definitive which usually has a more crisp sound attuned to movies.

If you aren't looking to dump a ton of money into a speaker system that allows you to go nuts with EQ I would suggest looking at a soundbar like Sonos that can produce softer sounds.

Just my 2 cents. AV discussions are highly subjective though :)