Greetings Tinnitus Brethren

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gmpknick, Apr 24, 2018.

1. gmpknick

gmpknick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Unfortunately I ended up on here, but thankful there is support from you all. My story started back in Mid March after a nasty flu. Soon after that developed molar area pain, (upper right).

Went to my GP and he ruled out acute sinusitis but said could be chronic and could also be dental?

So I went to my dentist and all was good with teeth, I figured it was just inflamed sinus going over molar area causing pain, which is what dentist said..gave me some amoxicillin and didn't really help.

Eventually the molar pain went away and now I have tinnitus? Can a virus move around your head and stick around for weeks?... anybody?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      First off Welcome!!! You are so early into this process I don't know how any GP could tell you this is chronic. You should go see an Audiologist and ENT asap though to get a proper diagnosis.

*If it was viral it could last for months on end. There is no time-table when it is viral and no way to really tell if it was viral and caused damage at some time.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gmpknick

gmpknick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I just saw my ENT and had my hearing tested...turns out there is a significant drop off in a certain pitch area and that seems to be causing the T... was hoping so much for a viral diagnosis... gotta keep reading this forum and seeing how common this is and how so many people deal with it, really is eye opening. Now I pray I can just let this T become part of my life as it is what it is..

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Did the ENT call it noise induced hearing loss? That's what they told me.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gmpknick

gmpknick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yes hearing loss in a certain pitch area...my hearing overall is ok but just not in that certain pitch range.. high frequency range

7. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      What frequency? mine is like 14k

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gmpknick

gmpknick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      If I read the report right in the 3-4K range...