Has Anyone Got Tinnitus for Unknown Reason?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ClubRacer, Sep 26, 2018.

1. ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Has anyone ever got tinnitus for no reason?

I know mine was from a loud club.

Then it calmed down to virtually nothing.

I’m having issues at the moment. I’m confident I’ll get sorted.

But has anyone ever got tinnitus that’s stayed with them permanently and consistently loud for no reason?

Never herd of it but just trying to understand what I have, pretty sure mine will settle.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      there is always a reason even if they don't know it and I believe that it usually it is hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Youve got T in 2015 and it is now starting to go away? That is really positive news...I didn't know T can still go away after such a long time.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      I first had an exposure to loud noise in 2015 and within a couple of months I could barely hear a thing, very easily lived with that, normal noises would never bother me, heck I have a race car with more or less a straight pipe and never annoyed me once.

Then all of a sudden 2 months ago the ringing and a lot of pressure etc started out of the blue. Hearing test etc has been done, ears look great so going for a scan and ENT thinks I need vents in order to relieve the pressure and that will let my tinnitus return to normal.

Who knows until I get the scan but he’s confident we will get to the bottom of it.