Has Anyone Gotten Their Teeth Taken Care of and Tinnitus Got Better?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know I have put off some dental work for quite a while. I wonder if that is somehow the cause of this. I have some pain on the same side as the T.

Thing is now I am so scared that it will get worse if I get it fixed. I had a temporary crown put in last year and newer put in the permanent crown.

2. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      I had dental work a year and a half a ago. It didn't change it or make it worse. Infections from your teeth rotting out can be deadly and also hurt other bodily organs. It's not something you should put off if you need to see the dentist.

You are going to grow afraid of your own shadow at this point. A guy wrote a thread in here about kissing making his tinnitus worse. Are you going to stop letting your loved ones kiss?

My tinnitus has grown extremely unpredictable. No rhyme or reason to it. I relish my good days. I leave my house. I go out and spend time with my husband. But I try and do the same on my bad days. You could spend days trying to figure out what caused this or what will make it go away, even YEARS!

You have to stop obsessing over the cause or what might make it go away. Live. Keep on living. Get your teeth fixed.

Don't get me wrong, you should still avoid anything that could potentially make it worse. I avoid high amounts of sodium (we only need 2000mg a day and we far exceed that). Avoid caffeine (this even means chocolate). Not too much sugar, I have a terrible sweet tooth. Drink lots of water. These simple things could help with the volume.

I hope this will eventually be the last thing you think of, I know I would like to get there.

And only try to come on to read how others cope and if it can work for you. Offer support. Everyone here copes differently but make sure it's reasonable for you.

• Agree Agree x 1