Has Anyone Tried Etifoxine for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 2, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Unfortunately, it isn't approved in the U.S. (for some reason, I don't know why) so I can't try it.

In the past, benzodiazipines like klonopin lowered my tinnitus but now it's more complex. I saw that Etifoxine binds to another site than the "BZD" site (which klonopin, xanax, ativan, etc. binds to) on the GABAa receptor below in the graphic.

NDT-58841-F04.jpg

Source:
      https://www.dovepress.com/anxiety-d...f-modulati-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-NDT

Etifoxine is supposed to work by activating β2 and β3 subunit containing channels of the GABAa receptor and stimulating the production of neurosteroids which interestingly, also has a subunit on the receptor (symbolized by the yellow tear shaped symbol in the graphic above).

2. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      Wonder if we have any French people here who may have tried this? Can't seem to get this in Sweden.

3. Grand05

Grand05 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Very curious to know. I'll order Etifoxine in the next few weeks, but I'm scared of it making tinnitus worse. Has anyone tried it?

4. leftearguy

leftearguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/10/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Weed, Hidden Hearing Loss
      Has anyone tried it? I'm planning to order it from the OTC online store once I can get my hands on some Bitcoin. Since people say Benzos help and this hits the same receptor, I'm hopeful that it'll help.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I thought this sounded familiar, and pulled this out of my safe of quasi-exotic things.

dJAzFwo.png

Drugs which have never been assessed in the US, are not specifically controlled, and are not analogs of any existing schedule I or II drug can generally be imported for personal use without much trouble.

Etifoxine is sold as Biocodex Stresam in Russia, and as of 2018 I had no problem finding numerous pharmacies there which would sell it to me. There are legal distinctions between mailing yourself anything vs physically walking it across the border, and anyone who is going to go down this route should take the time to understand all applicable federal and state laws.

I believe I bought two boxes and experimented with it for a while, finding no significant beneficial effects. I do not believe it was very expensive, and your mileage may vary.

• Like Like x 1
    6. peter91

peter91 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      coke with anabolic steroids + HGH
      I use Etifoxine for 4 days (150 mg / day), tinnitus slightly improved (some tones lowered, some became more noticeable but probably because of lowering other tones, overall better), will keep everyone posted.

7. peter91

peter91 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      coke with anabolic steroids + HGH
      I've been on Etifoxine for 2 weeks and now have to quit because of sleep difficulties (hard to fall asleep, can take 4 hours).

Changes in tinnitus were small, but positive. Mostly because of reducing anxiety, I think.

• Informative Informative x 1