Has Anyone Tried Phenazepam?

Discussion in 'Support' started by gotyoubynuts, Jun 26, 2016.

1. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Phenazepam (also known in Russia as bromdihydrochlorphenylbenzodiazepine) is a benzodiazepine drug, which was developed in the Soviet Union in 1974 and now produced in Russia and some CIS countries. Phenazepam is used in the treatment of various psychiatric and neurological disorders. It can be used as a premedication before surgery as it augments the effects of anesthetics and reduces anxiety. Recently, phenazepam has gained popularity as a recreational drug; misuse has been reported in the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, and the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenazepam

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's a relatively dangerous benzo (high receptor affinity, extreme half life) which also lacks the GABAb action which makes Klonopin an interesting tinnitus drug. The only reason phenazepam is a thing in the West is because it's technically not controlled in the US, so sketchy Chinese labs are making it for gray market sales here.

I'd say avoid benzos, and definitely avoid sketchy non-pharma-grade benzos...

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I have. Here's my stash!

phenazy.jpg

Well, it's a benzo.
      A bit dissimilar to alprazolam and clonazepam (not much of a hypnotic effect), a bit closer to bromazepam as an experience (at least for me), which I definitely count as a positive.
      Has a long half life so could be used instead of valium for tapering down benzo addiction.
      Can get it from mother Russia without much hassle.
      If you're gonna bother, get the pill form from ValentaPharm (as pictured), don't get it in powder form cause you're looking at a possible OD (shouldn't eyeball dosages when it comes to benzos).

But don't expect much. If benzos affect your tinnitus, this will have a similar effect. If they don't, useless.

4. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      What strategy / scheme do you take phenazepam?

Does it help you during spikes?

I know that in Europe and the United States this drug is considered an illegal drug.
      Although it is softer than clonazepam and causes a little addiction.
      It is used in Russia and CIS countries.

What do you think?!

5. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      A benzo e.g., Phenazepam can help you feel calm but it isn't a drug to help with tinnitus...

6. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Curious why you say it doesn’t help with tinnitus?