Has Anyone Used PatulEND for Eustachian Tube Issues?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mystery Reader, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      Has anyone used a product called PatulEND?

I sometimes get plugged up. There’s no situational predictability to this; it can happen if I’m having a conversation of longer than a few minutes; other times, there’s no problem. Sometimes it just seems to happen for no particular reason. I’ve found that if I stand up, bend forward, put my hands on my knees and swallow, it can clear things. Also, there’s a certain area in town that has a lot of inclines and declines. I’ve noticed sometimes when I’m driving through, that this can clear things up, as well.

I told my ENT about this at my annual appointment, and this, in conjunction with a couple of other things we talked about, led him to think that there could be a problem with the Eustachian tube. He gave me a printout about this product, PatulEND.

To clarify, he was not touting this as a treatment for the tinnitus/sound sensitivities. He merely gave me the information and said it was possible it could help with regulating the Eustachian tube, but it was up to me whether or not to give it a try. (I get thumps when swallowing, and, as mentioned, things will sometimes clog up, as when one has a cold and is congested.)

I’ve done some research on it and it seems to be a natural treatment. If anyone has used this, did it help with Eustachian tube issues? (I’m also curious if anyone who used it had a spike, and, if so, did it settle down?)

Thanks as always for any information; hope you’re all doing well!

Mystery Reader

2. StoneInFocus
      Badass

StoneInFocus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing damage, ear infections
      Did you end up trying PatulEND?

I am thinking about making a DIY version at home.