Has Anyone's Tinnitus Gone Away in Different Geographic Locations?

Discussion in 'Support' started by luna, Jul 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. luna

luna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In Southern California, my ear constantly rings like crazy, but when I head more towards Texas and the south, it completely goes away. It also went away when I was near Portland, Oregon. Has moving or traveling ever affected anyone else this way? Trying to figure out what it is... Maybe allergic to the air here?
    2. Julien87

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud sound (concert)
      Electromagnetic waves?
    3. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I forget the specifics, but Michael J. Fox reported a significant functional improvement in his ability to move (Parkinson's) when he happened to be filming in a high altitude location (I believe it was South America?). Anyway, of interest.
    4. Sound Wave

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Altitude changes can be explained with pressure changes in the ear, but that's about it - all other explanations are most likely just voodoo science.
    5. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      It's a really good question and I hope more people respond.

I really want to put this to the test because what aggravates my tinnitus the most is changes in the weather. I want to move to a dry non-windy area and measure the impact. With that factor out of the way, dietary and other stimuli can be better tested and measured.
    6. Jmackmo

Jmackmo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Funny, but my family took several trips this summer down south in NC, FL, SC and in all locations my tinnitus was gone! As soon as we come home (DE) its back. I found your thread because I was looking to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    7. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi, I am a tinnitus sufferer from China. My T is in my head. I also find that my T goes away if I move to the Southern part of the region where I live. I also can't figure out why.
    8. Coyotesheaven

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma, then Migraines and something else
      In the back-country or in wilderness areas, particularly at higher altitudes, I have noticed an effect.