Has anything worked other than time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattK, Mar 21, 2014.

1. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      that is a very good point, most people on here, myself included are new and struggling, though if I look back the times I struggle is SLOWLY decreasing. I have run into many people when I tell them I got T who say their father or brother have it and they are fine with it. I am sure many people whose T went away or they habituated to it don't come on the site anymore, not that I can blame them. We are lucky for the ones who have success in overcoming yet still come and answer questions and offer support. My guess is that a huge majority of people deal well with it over time, it seems from the majority of veterans time is the key.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      @Jeff M. I've slowly habituated to my T. Is your T is still very loud ?

@LeQuack
      "And once you have a spike, all the past habituation is useless, you have to start again. It's like torture, only it's forever."

Ha ha :D . True.

An yes these occasional T spikes scared me a lot. But now after discussing with other TT members, I believe these T spikes are pretty normal.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Not completely true. I can't speak for everyone obviously, but when I have spikes, they don't bother me that much. When I have a spike, I am more thinking, "Oh my T is spiking... well that sucks" and that's about the extent of it. I know mine might not be as severe as yours and I know we all handle things differently.