Have Had Tinnitus for 12 Years...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bluto, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Bluto
      Grumpy

Bluto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was from Vicodin (opiates)
      I believe my tinnitus was caused by heavy Vicodin use after back-to-back surgeries for Rotator Cuff repairs on both sides.

They would not do both sides at once because of total disability of both arms for months.

Instead, did one side with 4 month rehab then did other with 4 month rehab as well. Got hooked on the pain killers and doc tried to wean me off after 12 months. Went COLD TURKEY at 15 months and never looked back. Hellish ordeal to go through however, drug free since! But, tinnitus started in within 20 days of of taking the Vicodin. I think it was the Acetaminophen component that kicked it off. I was on the biggest pill they had to offer...

My T is a bilateral hiss at about 10-11khz, very white noise and loud enough to ask people to speak directly at me (so I can see their lips) and better hear their speech directly than, hearing it reflected off walls or furniture. I explain that it is like listening to someone talk on a speaker-phone. If they turn away from the phone while speaking, the sound reflects off objects in the room and is difficult to understand.

If you have any idea how to help my case, please reply.
      Thanks, Bluto