Have Had Tinnitus for Some Five Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Happyhacker, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Happyhacker

Happyhacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't Know, old age?
      It started I think clearing ears. Anyway, mine is mainly an 8 kHz whistle which abates when physically active as I assume I am concentrating elsewhere.

Lately it has got more persistent and one night difficult to get to sleep. Also now I get an underlying moan tone of lesser volume.

I have seen on YouTube a sort of crazy idea of pumping ones ears twenty times a day but not sure if that is a good idea.

Comments welcome on that?

Although this morning I tried that with the moan in my right ear and it did suppress it to return slowly suggesting that the problem is mechanical in the ear and not in the brain end.

BTW I am not deaf and have 90% hearing capability according to the latest test I've had. So to me it is not related to going deaf.

Comments welcome.

2. eagerUser

eagerUser Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Popping your ears 20 times a day? Come on. You will definitely end up with some irreversible damage that way. Don't pop your ears forcefully!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Hearing test do not include testing for most hearing loss outside of human speech ranges, they only test up to 250-8khz, also they do not include complex noise environments such as music or speech in background noise. What I am saying is traditional hearing test are extremely inaccurate. Audiologist are in the stone age.

• Agree Agree x 1