Having a Hard Time — Need Some Positivity

Discussion in 'Support' started by Charbee, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Charbee
      Sunshine

Charbee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      Hi, I’ve been having a hard time lately a very stressful couple of months with numerous things.

A break up with my long term partner was the first, we are talking again and seeing each other which is good.

She also had some awful news about her health the other week.

My mum has just finished her cancer treatment.

I have tinnitus and hyperacusis and went to Costco last Friday shopping.

I over protected my ears last year so I have quite bad hyperacusis and am still getting use to everyday sounds it’s a lot better than it was but still not how it was. The trip round was fine, then I was waiting in the queue for some food at the end and on the other side of the shop one of the staff put a stereo or something on. I had ear defenders on but I could hear the bass and instead of just leaving the shop I waited in line to get my food and then left about 10 mins later.

My ears were fine after that, my spike started about 2 hours after my drive.

I had some chocolate maybe it was that as well.

Anyway I’ve had a spike since last Friday. It has started to settle. I went to the doctors yesterday and I have an outer ear infection in the ear that’s spiking the worst.

I took amoxicillin yesterday and I don’t know if that’s made it spike more or me reading posts and getting anxious about it has.

I’m waiting for the doctor to call me back to take another type of penicillin that hasn’t effected me in the past for peace of mind.

I suppose I’m just looking for some reassurance some positive experiences from things like this.

And also what do people do to try and relax and get through the day when in this mess.

I haven’t had a bad spike like this for a while and have lost my coping mechanisms.

Thanks in advance :)

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sure all these bad spikes will pass, you need to get rid of the infection and then wait a few weeks and I'm sure your T will return to its baseline :) cheers, also what penicillin do you take? Amoxicillin has also spiked me, but could it be permanent? I've red it take about 1 to 2 weeks for it to spike down?