Having the hardest time trying to find a CBT therapist...

derpytia

Author
Benefactor
Apr 30, 2014
Rescue, California
Tinnitus Since
04/2014 (many increases since then)
Cause of Tinnitus
Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
I'm looking in and around where I live and in and around where I go to school and live 9 months out of the year and I cannot seem to find the right person for CBT for T or any kind of chronic condition at all. Maybe I'm just looking the wrong way or typing in the wrong search terms. I asked my audiologist if he knew anyone and he said no. This is getting frustrating because I know that I would benefit from CBT (especially when it comes to my habit of catastrophic thinking that I just can't break) and I think therapy would help me a lot as it helped my friend with an eating disorder and two other friends with clinical depression. I'm getting very frustrated in finding a therapist that looks like they could do the job... :(

Here's a link to various therapists where you live. Read over their descriptions, see if they have websites, etc. You should not have any problems finding a good CBT therapist. And, if you are still unsure, perhaps Dr. Hubbard knows of someone in your area.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/CA/Pomona.html

This one is a Ph.D. and does CBT and Mindfulness. Check her out by clicking here.

Could you buy a couple of good books and try it that way? Perhaps not, but if it worked it could be a good cheap option.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now