Healing Time After Concert Sound Trauma?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aj1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Aj1

Aj1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to 2 concerts one on November 8 and one on November 10. Next day right ear was sensitive to noise and felt blocked all week.

Saw a doctor at work and was given nasal spray and that cleared the blocked feeling good but was still a bit sensitive. Next day my left ear developed a ringing noise. Managed to get an appointment with an ENT doctor and was told it's due to sound trauma.

Anyway over the next few days the pressure feeling shifted from ear to ear causing horrible ringing in both ears.

Over the next few weeks my right ear seems to be back to normal. My left ear however was sensitive to certain noises like running water.

After a couple of weeks this did get better. I've also had tingling feeling in and under my ear but that's gone now. Now I'm stuck with the ringing and chirping noise in my ear and sometimes certain sounds don't sound right, for example people clapping will sound a lot poppier in my left ear.

Also in my left ear sometimes I'll get a slight pressure feeling without any loss of hearing. When I get this fullness feeling I can't even notice the tinnitus.

I've also noticed when I burp I get a fluttering noise in my left ear. I've had hearing tests and was told my hearing was fine for a 33 year old.

Tested it myself at home and in my left I can hear up to 16300 Hz and 18000 Hz right.

So I'm 8 weeks into this now, should I still be experiencing this fullness feeling and tinnitus or am I still in the healing time?

I'm not actually sure if I've got sound trauma or if it's TTTS or ETD :s

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It took about 6 months for my ear fullness to completely vanish. Your T might be fading for the next 2 years or even longer... Ears take forever to heal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aj1

Aj1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the replys. Was your ear fullness there all the time or was it on and off ?

5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      You have damaged your hearing, you have hearing loss now, it can get worse if you are not careful, avoid very loud sounds.

Also do a hearing exam up to 16khz, speech in noise, etc.

6. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Tinnitus never left me following a concert. The distorted hearing was a month or so.

Sound sensitivity is back and still here following another spike and a lot of stress

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aj1

Aj1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've downloaded a sound app and left I could hear up to 16300hz and right 18000hz

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aj1

Aj1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      At first it was there all the time. Towards the end, it began to be on and off.

• Like Like x 1
    10. R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      There is a new sound therapy for sound induced, it is free here at tinnitusmix.com -- you play it on headphones all night for 3 weeks. It has a high success rate of 50%. I have been tinnitus free for 18 years because of it.