Hearing a Sound When My Eyes Move

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hil, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I just realized today that I'm hearing a sound when I move my eyes. It's if I move my eyes suddenly upwards, or to the upper left, or down again. I only hear a sound on the left side. It's a dull, muted kind of sudden sound.

On the left side, that's where I have the "cr-crunch" noise that happens right after I hear a loud or high, sharp sound. If I press on my cheek right under my ear, I get that same low, rumbly crunch sound. It was suggested to me a while back in this forum that this could be TTTS related. But eye movements causing sound? Any ideas?

I Googled and all sorts of things about Superior Canal Dehiscence came up, but I don't have many of the symptoms listed for that. I don't have any hearing loss, I don't feel any dizziness associated with sounds or anything.

I have jaw muscle pain on that side when I press w/ my finger. (I have TMJ issues, too...I wear a bite splint at night for this.)

I am trying again with an ENT visit, going somewhere different than last time. Visit is not until July.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Professor x

Professor x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/10/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone usage
      Hey, did this get better for you?

3. Stillsearching

Stillsearching Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Are you experiencing this?

4. Professor x

Professor x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/10/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone usage
      Yes. Every time I look side to side there is a loud woosh in my ear. It’s very annoying to say the least.

5. Stillsearching

Stillsearching Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you take ssri/snri?