Hearing Distortion

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Ilija, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      After accumulating this little piece of work bonus, life has once more gone down on the quality scale.
      After asking around the forum and not getting any real information I was wondering if you had anything to share with me about the subject.
      It appeared after some people yelled next to my ears loudly and got worse after I had a hair dryer next to my ears for a couple of minutes, stupid not to wear earplugs I know but I thought it wasn't needed.
      Right now I have a new T sound that goes up and down and it reacts to nearly all sounds in a way that it kicks up with a weird undertone next to normal sounds.
      Is this usual? does it have a history of mostly being temporary?
      Also after some thinking I've decided to wear earplugs in school due to the class room being obnoxiously loud and I think it's making my ears worse and recovery very much slower.
      Otherwise my regular sound sensitivity is doing a lot better to the point where unless someone is yelling quite loud no sounds hurt any anymore plus I've lost some of the undertones I used to hear before.
      Tinnitus is still going down albeit slowly.
      If it weren't for the spike/distortion I would say I have about 90% of silence back.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hard to say for sure in any one given case, but in the overwhelming majority of cases such changes are temporary. It might help to keep in mind that what you read on tinnitus boards and the like - well-intentioned though those reports may be - are not typical at all. Those reports are only typical of the folks who have tinnitus severe enough to lead them to seek out tinnitus boards in the first place!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler