Hearing Sounds in My Other Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hariz Nonis, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For months now, my right ear has been the one affected by T. Nowadays it's fairly silent, especially after I had ear syringing done.
      Now however, my left ear, which has been doing really well so far, started having similar sounds to T. I say that because I don't believe it's like my right ear, although it's been going on for a few days. Thankfully, it comes and goes. I suspect that it might be TMJ, or more likely earwax. I don't know how to feel about this, as I'm already kind of used to the sound, but this time it's from the other side. My right ear has been fairly silent these few days.
      Is it somehow possible for T to travel from one side to the other? I can only really hope and pray that this is only because of earwax, andis temporary.

2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Yes I have read a lot of this happening on this forum. Especially with etd. My good ear developed a drone (3mos in) that always came n went. It went away for two months, and came back as a softer pitch that comes and goes mostly. I had a breakdown when this first happened that lasted weeks.

Glad the syringing went well for you.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      In my opinion it seems to have something to do with the bad ear healing.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nonna I do have ETD in my right ear, while my left ear shows signs of a patulous Eustachian Tube, which is the opposite of ETD. I really do hope that my right ear will heal, as it's showing signs of positivity. Just hope it doesn't mean anything bad will happen to my left ear. How did you cope with it? And has your bad ear improved?

5. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Ive been going thru the patulous all month. I dont think anything bad is happening in your left, I just wonder if you are messing with it too much?
      I'm going to sleep with a humidifier on. I think the central air is drying me out. I was making many improvements, I would probably make even more if I would stay outside. I read forced air like sleep apnea patients use can cause patulous et. I just wonder if spending too much time in central air can do same thing. Especially if healing.
      I'm starting to wear a scarf over my nose indoors.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nonna I can't think of anything that I've done for the past 6-9 months that would mess with my left ear. I am only applying olive oil ear drops recently because of ear wax. When you say central air, do you mean air conditioning?

7. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Yes air conditioning blowing up from the floor at all hours. Do you hack?
      By the way. 3mos ago I had a drill blow out of my ear after a night around cats. It was gone by morning and never returned. My good ear, hears the sounds the other ear makes and I can hear it in the background of my good ear. I read patulous is a sign of a healing ETD. I just can't explain why it's your good ear.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nonna I don't hack at all. What do you mean a drill blew out of your ear? I can only think of a new standing fan my dad recently bought for me, the day my left ear started hearing the sounds.

9. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Well I am confused basically if the fans, the central air are bugging me or not. A drill like a tinnitus sound loud and long, strictly from allergies, in my good ear, just once in this entire ordeal, never to return. I'm telling you because it was my good ear, they are connected somehow. What are you hearing in your patulous ear?

10. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I read here, when the other ear starts to make sounds it is like comforting the bad ear. Also, my ENT decided my ears looked good when he heard the good ear was making sounds. Basically the ears a mystery. I think you're healing.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nonna idk how to explain the sound, but it sounds very similar to what I hear in my bad ear. Long before I heard these sounds, my good ear, although very rarely, sometimes heard my voice sort of echoing inside it. I read that this is a sign of a patulous Eustachian Tube, which is how I came to the conclusion of the left tube being patulous. I really pray and hope that my ears are healing, I guess time will tell.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. Kayla L
      Depressed

Kayla L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 13, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/TMJ/Anxiety/Stress
      @Nonna can you elaborate on your comment. "In my opinion it seems to have something to do with the bad ear healing."

I'm experiencing tinnitus in my "good ear" for the last few weeks.. Have never had issues with this ear before.

13. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      My T is from etd, when it starts to Rev up over allergies or inflammation, my etd ear gets a deaf spot from the swelling, and then my good ear starts to hear it from there.
      How long have you had T, and what is it from?

14. Kayla L
      Depressed

Kayla L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 13, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/TMJ/Anxiety/Stress
      @Nonna I'm still not sure what it's from.. allergies or TMJ I believe.. do you take anything for relief?

15. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Nasalcrom is my favorite now. Dayquil severe, benadryl, sudafed, flonase, patanese all helped me get better. Not all at once.