Hearing Sounds Like Magic Microphone! Ugh!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bergie, May 13, 2019.

1. Bergie

Bergie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firearm close in proximity
      My first post - Really glad I found this site. Have incurred tinnitus before - see reason below, but here's my real reason for the post:

Trying to figure out why my hearing sporadically sounds like someone is talking to me through a slinky or a spring. My kids had a toy microphone when they were little and an internal spring in it distorted their voice. For the last four weeks, that's what voices sound like to me. The local ENT said there was no fluid or anything in my ears and was at a loss as to why the distortion of sound. It's so bad, listening to a radio is out of the question! (incredible buzziness).

Here's a secondary - possibly related? issue - every day around 3-4:00pm, I get a major headache on the crown of my head. Told the ENT this too and he asked all the caffeine/food/stress questions, etc. but was still unsure of anything.

This morning I woke up to -for the first time - with loud tinnitus ringing in my RIGHT ear.

Have no vertigo, no dizziness, no double vision or any other visual issues. (my wife thinks it's all eye strain).

Have sinus issues been know to 'interfere' with auditory signals? (am thinking that could be headache-related too).

*Thirteen years ago, I had a gun shot go off next to my LEFT ear; lost part of hearing and had bad tinnitus for a long time. Now that just comes and goes, so maybe that ear is lucky.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      We need to figure out if a loud noise injury is to blame.

Have you had this for 13 years?

Were you exposed to another noise trauma recently?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bergie

Bergie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firearm close in proximity
      Nope, no other noise trauma..... My left ear was the one affected years ago. The headaches, hearing distortion began about a month ago. (Right ear ringing was just today)

4. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      Any update on this? I’m dealing with the same thing.