Hello Again — The Chances of Tinnitus and Sound Sensitivity Going Away?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Ilija, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      I'm sorry for posting so soon again, now don't worry I'm not in panic mode or anything like that I'm not going to start posting 10 times a day.
      I just figured out that while this site is great it does induce a fear of Tinnitus a bit, what with all the people who have it increasing and people being depressed and all, it just gives me the idea that Tinnitus well at the very least mine is WAY worse than it really is.
      I'm going to take a break from TT and I have a couple of short questions I'd just like to see answered if it's no problem.
      1.) What are the chances mine will go away, I realise you can't know that no one can but would you say that Tinnitus resolving on its own is very rare happens to a good number of people or happens for a lot of people, I'm writing this because due to the internet searching I did in the beginning I'm scared that for 80% of people Tinnitus never leaves.
      2.) What are the chances that my sound sensitivity will go away? right now my Tinnitus is so faint the best way to put it is, I am right now at a point where my Tinnitus is so quiet unless I'm wearing headphones/focusing on it/put my ear on a pillow I can't hear it unless I look for it, it's the sound sensitivity that bothers me now.
      3.) What can I do to if possible speed up my recovery, I know I should probably be taking vitamins and stuff because I barely eat green food, my diet consists of 40% junk food (pizza,hamburgers and alike) and 50% meat. I've been trying to get a normal sleep pattern and it's going good, I've noticed my Tinnitus improving a bit from sleeping normally.
      4.) My classroom can be loud at times, can this diminish the chances of my Tinnitus going away or make it take longer?
      5.) Is it possible that I actually prolonged my Tinnitus during the month of stress? I think it might be the case.
      Well that's pretty much it, looking forward to your reply.
      Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Tinnitus resolves on its own in the majority of cases, especially within the first year.
      Also excellent, especially if you use one of the desensitization protocols.
      Then you really need to take a long hard look at why you are so concerned about it.
      Judging from what you have written above, I'd say that the best thing you could do for yourself might well be to stay away from Internet boards.
      No, not in my opinion.
      Seems to me that if your tinnitus is so quiet that you are unable to detect your tinnitus unless you purposely listen for it with your ears occluded, then you haven't prolonged anything. Indeed you are very far ahead of the game.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 2