Hello All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by koipin, Apr 13, 2014.

1. koipin

koipin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1999
      My first post on here :)

I'm a long time tinnitus sufferer but the last few weeks have been a little rough. Anyway, in a quest to seek help I found this site and though it might be worth hanging around.
      Not sure how to describe my sound other than it being like a quiet but high pitched hiss.
      I miss the sound of silence...

2. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      HI Kopin,

Welcome to TT . I am sure you will find lots of good informations here and everybody in this board is friendly and full of knowledge.
      I hope the tough time will go away soon.

Best .

Rog

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk, Koipin!

I'm sorry you're experiencing an increase in your tinnitus. You've come to the right place for lots of information and support. We have a couple of doctors on board who can help you with specific questions, in the "Doctor's Corner" on the main page of this forum.

I've had tinnitus for many years, too, and it was only in the last 4 years that mine got worse, due to an ototoxic drug. Have you noticed anything that has happened recently that could have caused the increase in your tinnitus, such as new medications, more stress, an increase in hearing difficulty, an illness? These could all be factors in the reason for your new level of tinnitus.

Are you using any sort of background sound in your environment that might help to mask the tinnitus? Are you currently using hearing aids?

Hope you have a better day today, and glad you've joined us!

Best wishes,
      Karen