Hello Everyone, I Have Two Questions and I Show a Cat...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KotaDomowa, Apr 20, 2019.

1. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

I've been tracking posts on this forum for over a year. Thank you Allan 1967 for contact with Markku - I could not register because the system claimed stubbornly that I was a bot.

I have "it" (yes, I usually call tinnitus it) from the beginning of February 2018. The matter is even worse because I have a very strong obsession with this (first thought in the morning, the last one before falling asleep, without a pause for the whole day).

One week after the beginning of this, I got to the hospital for 10 days: polfilin, mannitol, bexter, dexaven, memotropil, papaverinum. It temporarily helped the sound on the left but it did not help on the right. The doctor said that this week is already too late. I still worry about it (I might have been able to get to the hospital two days earlier), especially since in 2014 it was the same, I went to the hospital after 4 days and "it" gave way. Do you think that in fact these days were key?

I had a lot of research (including cervical spine resonance) and tried a number of treatments (as most of them probably are). The only thing that helped a little was electrostimulation of the vagus nerve.

Currently, I do what many of us do - I look forward to the Neuromod with great hope and, if possible, plan to go to Ireland immediately after the release (I'm from Poland).

I would also have a question about my audiogram - is it correct? The technician said yes, but it looks strange to me:

audiogram.jpg

As for any other aspects of my life, like Jazzer, I have a beloved cat:

cat.jpg

My Sunshine.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sunshine reminds me of the cat I had when I was a child.

Have you experienced any fading compared to how you felt six months ago?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sometimes it is much quieter, but it is occasional. It is difficult to say whether there is an improvement compared to 6 months ago, but in relation to 10 months ago - yes. There used to be a concert at night (change of sounds to others), now less often.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sometimes those quieter periods gradually get longer and longer.
      Great! It ought to continue fading. Of course, the more it fades, the slower it tends to fade, but it really adds up as months go by.

Hopefully a year from now you will feel like the nightmare has mostly ended...

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you very much, Bill :)
      I still have a lot of hope.
      PS. You write to me for the first time, but I have the impression that I know you :) This is because I have been reading a forum for a year, so I've read many posts of active users like you :)

• Like Like x 2
    6. Mart007

Mart007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @KotaDomowa, finally someone from Poland! I thought I’m the only one ;) Good to meet you :)

• Hug Hug x 3