Hello Everyone New to Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amber2, Mar 13, 2011.

tinnitus forum
    1. Amber2

Amber2 Member

Hi, I have had tinnitus for about 4 months. I am currently trying Neuronomics - this is the 10th day.

2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Hi Amber, welcome!

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Welcome indeed!

How did you find about Neuromonics, did your doctor/audiologist suggest it?

I'd be interested in knowing how you find Neuromonics since a) it's insanely expensive and b) it's not even available in my country.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had T and how did you get it?

Thanks for joining us :)

4. Amber2

Amber2 Member

Hi Markku - I have had t since last November. It is fairly sever so I decided to do something right away. I went to Duke University Tinnitus Clinic in North Carolina and am working with a great Audiologist who is helping me every step of the way. There were several options and I chose this one. At Duke I am allowed to use this for 60 days and if there is no improvemnt at all or if I want to discontinue I can get a refund plus a restock fee. I figured I would give it a shot.

I got T from a blood pressure medicine - Metropolol Succ ER its just the extended release formula and its after a couple years of use. I am 99% sure as it came up on all the lists even the ATA. I also had a slight sinus congestion (not normal for me) for about a month before - but its probably the meds.

5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I'm happy for you! :) It's lovely that you've found a caring professional to help you along the way. I know it matters a lot on the road to habituation.

The 60 days refund period sounds good too, in case Neuromonics doesn't have any kind of positive effect on you. Here's hoping though!

Keep us posted however often you want, you could even open a new discussion in the "treatments" category regarding Neuromonics if you wanted to.

Wishing you a good week,
      Markku

PS. For what it's worth, I don't really know the specifics of Neuromonics but I think it does involve masking + some sort of sessions with an audiologist/psychologist? Anyway, I'm going to look into it in greater detail tomorrow.

6. butterfly

butterfly Member

you are lucky to have found someone who knows tinnitus inside out :) my family doctor didn't understand T and i spent almost a year in the dark before i understood to look elsewhere

7. jack

jack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2011
      hi amber 2 has your tinnitus improved jack

8. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Amber2, Thank you for the heads up about Neuromonics. Here in MI. we have "Michigan Ear Institute" they are on the list for Neuromonics treatment. I am going to give them a call and find out more. It's only 45 minute drive from where I live here in Macomb, MI....