Hello from Los Angeles — In 2015 My Tinnitus Got Much Worse During a Bad Sinus Cold

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CamilleCR, Aug 8, 2019.

1. CamilleCR
      Alone

CamilleCR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My name is Camille, and I'm from Los Angeles, California. I coach people who want to sell something - an invention, a business proposition, a manuscript or screenplay, or themselves (as in getting a new job, a promotion, etc.) - so they can make the buyer say yes, or at least ask for more information.

I've had tinnitus since about 2010, but in 2015, during a bad sinus cold, it got much worse. I thought it would clear up after the cold went away, and, at times, it did. However, this year, 2019, it's gotten much worse. It worsens at night and especially when I lie down. I awaken with one ear roaring. After an hour or two, it settles down to baseline or below, so I'm very thankful for that. I tend to sleep in the exact same position all night, so I'm now wondering if my tinnitus spikes at night have something to do with blood flow. I'm going to make an ENT appointment today. I've been pretty sedentary for three years due to being hit by a truck in 2016. It just seems my ears cannot handle the increased blood flow of exercise. I'm quite limited in my exercise anyway, due to my injuries, and I'm now going through the necessary surgeries so I can be fully functioning again.

When my tinnitus isn't bothering me too much, I like to sing, read, and write. I am an opera lover, an animal lover, and a health food nut.

I'm looking forward to interacting and learning from my fellow tinnitus sufferers.