Hello Here for Anyone I Can Help x

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Cher69, May 28, 2015.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Well team T - I feel I have been away for toooo long ! But I am in a good place so wanted to share a success story - do I still have T - yes it's there every night but I have learnt to cope adjust and carry on ! I still have a little help for anti d mirtzipine but I miss more than I take ! I sleep ok sometimes I get 7 or 8 hours gosh I am like super women the next day !! Although I don't have hot pants ...... Then I can struggle at night BUT and here is the big news ! ...... It doesn't bother me anymore ! One night I sleep bad the next amazing and that I guess is just me and my T - I can live with it I can cope with a few bad night sleep I don't worry about buzzing ears or music or tones or anything I hear because I know it's a sound it's not real it's a sound ! It cannot hurt me ! I want everyone to o tinnitus is a sound nothing more once we learn to deal and cope with it we have overcome it ! Not easy at times I truly lnow that have faith that your mind and self can overcome this and you will x

Huge hugs of support to anyone struggling with tinnitus and I am 100% here for anyone who I can help ! Xx Cher xx

• Like Like x 13
    2. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Hi Cher69, you said "yes it's there every night"

Does that mean you only hear T at night?

I hear it all day, in the morning in the afternoon AND at night.
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi Gabrielle - It bothers me the most at night when it's quiet I guess I use masking to help - I did hear it all day everyday but I don't anymore only if I listen for it - I have a constant tone in my left ear so I lucky it's not toooo loud compared to others on here but it did consume my life when it arrived but I've learnt now with time to cope with it

Cher x

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi @Cher69: I have miissseeddd you, hun! I am so happy you are doing so well! I am better, too. Maybe its time for me to write a success story. Can you believe we are having our two-year T anniversary this month?? (Actually, I consider mine early June, but I technically started hearing it in May).

Funny, I too have stopped worrying so much about my sleep. I also have some nights that are better than others. And a work day after only three, four hours sleep is not fun. But it certainly doesn't happen every night.

Big hugs to you, your family and Dylan.
      Your T friend, LadyDi

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Hi Cher, well, then you are 'lucky' when you only hear it when you 'listen for it'.
      I don't have to listen for it, its there!

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Carroc
      Gloomy

Carroc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified tinnitus
      Me too 24/7. The only break I get is when I shower. Its still there but that is the only thing that masks it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      Dear Cher
      Thank you so much for sharing your success story! It helps those of us who are new and struggling to see some light. I'm not in a good place right now and I just read and re-read these stories to help me survive.
      Thank you
      XXX

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Cher69! Welcome back; I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. You've come a long way since the day you first posted on Tinnitus Talk, and it is wonderful to hear your success story! Hugs to you, your family and your dog!!

I haven't posted as much recently myself; my tinnitus has (finally!) gotten much better, and I find that it's best when I don't think about it. What has worked best for me is distraction --- I still have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear, but I keep myself so busy that I have been able to put it out of my mind most of the day. I've gone back to work, 30 hours plus per week, and that has really helped.

People who are new to tinnitus, take heart! For most of us, like Cher, Lady Di, and myself, the tinnitus has gotten better. We still have tinnitus, but we can put it out of our minds most of the day, and the more you are able to do that, the more the tinnitus doesn't take center stage any more. That's what habituation is really all about.

For most of you, things will improve. It may take time, but it does happen for most of us --- really!!!

Best wishes, Cher, and thanks again for the wonderful success story!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      @LadyDi my T sister - who would think 2 years on-we would be still on that same road - but so happy we are both on the road to happiness and a good life with T - its a long road though and I know I'm skipping along and still we are holding hands - with reflection I am stronger than I was 3 years ago - I intend to keep skipping along it and I am happy to be holding your hand with me - across the pond !

@Karen you have been a rock to me - I feel I have found a tinnitus support in you like I have in a Mum - I dont have my Mum anymore and I sometimes think no matter how old we are we want a Mum to help us make it all better - you have helped me with your wise words of support and I am soooooo happy to read you have also found the recent months have improved your ability and coping strength with T - tonight I am relishing in the love of my family and the love of my T family.

Dylan BTW is growing old gracefully - he has grey whiskers now but still his cheeky spirit and he helped me so much 2 years ago with unconditional love when I needed a cuddle and no words - sometimes you cant explain how you feel but Dylan was there for me.

For the other post on this thread I know I am lucky my T isnt as bad as others I read about - but 2 years ago it rocked my life, consumed my being and changed me totally - I lost 14 lb in 2 weeks I couldn't sleep and I become a shadow of my former self - I explain it now to others as my 'crash and burn' moment ...... and it has taken a long time to get back - but I 100% believe I am a stonger person now. Calmer, stronger, rational, perspective and grateful - so grateful and happy !

Love @LadyDi and @Karen @Markku @erik @Jade @Steve @jazz @Amelia - you guys have helped me so much and I am v v grateful xx

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    10. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Thanks for posting @Cher69

Great encouragement. I, too, have gotten MUCH better. Yes, it is all about learning to get the sound pushed to the background.

Hugs

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Kevin25

Kevin25 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yous Experianced any flare ups from stress ??

12. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      @Kevin25

Stress kicks my T up...most definitely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Sometimes, @Cher69, when things were so dark? I could really visualize you holding my hand, even though you were thousands of miles away. It made all the difference. You, @Karen and others here exemplify all the good things about this forum. I never will forget any of you.

• Hug Hug x 2
    14. skn

skn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/06/2015
      I've had it for 6 weeks, driving me mad! What are the best resources for a newbie?

15. Joshua Dyer

Joshua Dyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to noise in the military
      Only temporary relief for me thus far. I realize it's all in my head. Now, to evict the unruly tennants...

16. khayla

khayla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      hi! i'm 13 and about three months ago i noticed a ringing in my right ear when i was trying to sleep. it doesn't bother me throughout the day, because i can only really hear it when i'm in dead silence or like at night when i'm in bed. it gets really annoying and i have no idea why i have it? like it came out of nowhere and i don't listen to loud music or anything. do you think it will go away? like i'm still really young and have a lot of my life ahead of me so i'm really scared

17. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I certainly need help. I'm not new to T but I'm new to this one. I was pretty much habituated to mine after 3 years but it was very stable and only bothered me if I went in, say,a shopping centre but it always calmed down for sleep, never kept me awake.
      My new T which has come at a time of stress is different its so volatile, spiking whenever it fancies, never had that before, keeps me awake for hours. I hate masking, always have. I'm so very depressed with it, losing sleep and cant watch TV again as it competes. I've been 6 months now getting more and more anxious. Just upped my antidepressants which right now has increased my anxiety.
      I feel I'm drowning I'm so tired and weak, I'm in menopause too which does not help so have no energy to do stuff to take my mind off it.
      Please help.

• Like Like x 1
    18. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Congrats #Cher69. This is so nice to come back to TT and see success stories from when we were struggling. You gave me some good advice, thank you for that. I've been doing well for a while and will probably write my success story too. Be well, Patty.

• Like Like x 1
    19. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I hear ya Tamika. My T has been really bad the past couple of days and my cause is from one loud concert as well.

I'm going on a strict low carb diet and will keep you posted.

Hang in there and try not to think of what you could have done on that day of the concert. -- Trust me, I did something stupid at my concert and keep thinking how easily I could have avoided the damage. -- It's just a waste of energy unless they invent a time machine.. :)