Hello My Name Is Ronnie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RONNE MARINO, Mar 27, 2016.

1. RONNE MARINO
      Confused

RONNE MARINO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/15
      I have had Tinnitus for about 6months now, I am just getting to know the four different sounds that I experience each day, A very high pitched Hum(the worst) a whizzing sound like I am sitting in the middle of a freeway with a thousand cars whizzing by, A loud rain falling sound and a low bearable sound, The last three days it has been the high pitched buzz, I feel like I can not cope when this sound is present..dont know what to do it takes all of my energy, Joy,and concentration I break out in tears often..when I am outside it is better with the outside noise I can bare ..I have been taking 6 Lipo Flavonoids for about five weeks now, I am hoping it works for me, I dont think I can live my life like this, My Dr. just says nothing to do for it go home and get use to it, I think I might have trigger this condition at a Art show that had some very high pitched loud screeching soundings coming from it that was suppose to be Music..I did talk to the Artist about the noise he said he just came back from Burning Man, I reminded him burning Man is a five mile by two mile Playa and this was on a city street with tall bldg on each side anyway I first noticed the buzz about ten days later...any help will be so appreciated, I dont have much trouble falling asleep since I take medication for an old brain injury that knocks me out...I have been so depressed, anxious that I am seeing a therapist now seems no one I know understands this conditions and I feel at therapy it is a safe ,accepting environment..I look forward to sharing and have you sharing with me, seems we all are going through the same thing and you understand how I feel, I dont feel so alone in this....

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Ronne, and welcome!

You're right; we are all going through similar experiences here at Tinnitus Talk, and you are never alone -- you'll find a lot of understanding and support here.

I certainly understand what you're going through right now. When my tinnitus first started, I was desperate; I couldn't sleep, spent a lot of time crying and feeling that my life was over. I tried a lot of different therapies, such as acupuncture and chiropractic, which didn't really help my tinnitus, although they were relaxing and calming. What has worked best for me is keeping busy during the day, so that I don't have time to dwell on my tinnitus, taking supplements such as magnesium, that keep me feeling calm, and avoiding quiet places. Having background sounds in your environment can help a lot, too. Trying to keep a positive attitude (although very difficult right at first) is important, too.

I hope that you'll take a few minutes to read some of the success stories on this forum. They will help you feel much more positive about your situation, and realize that it is possible for things to improve.

I'm sure others will have additional suggestions for you.

We're glad you've joined us!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, again, Ronne,

I was just thinking about your comment about the strange noises coming from that art exhibit you attended. I had a similar experience recently; at the art exhibit I went to, there was a video of a street artist painting a wall, accompanied by very strange, metallic sounds and drumbeats. I remember keeping my distance because I wasn't sure how those strange sounds would affect my tinnitus.

There are so many loud and crazy sounds out there in our environment right now; it's so hard to be prepared for every experience. I've started carrying ear plugs with me now wherever I go. Wish I had known to do that when my tinnitus first started! (Mine started after sitting too close to a loud speaker at an indoor concert).

Best wishes,
      Karen

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RONNE MARINO
      Confused

RONNE MARINO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/15
      Karen I never expected to hear any loud noise at this show, it was a show on light and neon, but along with this sculpture was this loud screaming noise, from now on I will always carry earplugs, be prepared for anything, I really never heard of Tinnitus before it happen to me, I did hear of ring of the ear, but had no idea just what it was like...I am hoping for the best Karen , right now it is new and I am very unhappy, hopeful that it might go away and if it doesnt that I will learn how to handle it better, thanks for sharing Karen..

• Like Like x 1