Hello my name is Tammy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tandpiano, Feb 20, 2014.

1. tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      I have really been struggling these past few days with T in my left ear. I find myself in a ball crying and praying almost daily. I have had T in my right ear since 2010...for the most part I don't even notice it. This last November I got an upper respiratory virus..that went into my ears..mostly my left ear. Before I knew it I had ringing start up out of no where in my left ear. I have been down this anxious, suicidal, I can't believe this is my life road!! I should be stronger this time around....but my T is all encompassing my heart and life. I am a Christian and pray non stop for God's help. I know He is with me and I am not being punished...but this is just my life. I am very grateful that I only have two ears and not three!! I would rather go through this with Him than without Him. I love piano and have been taking lessons for three years.......I was even blessed with a new used piano ........and I now have to force myself to play...to enjoy my life like I did before this rudeful interruption. I am 45 married and have had 2 kidney transplant s in my life. My ent suggest that the T is caused by my kidney disease. I don't buy it. I am thankful that I found this site.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Tammy, and welcome! I'm sorry you're having such a bad time right now.

To me, it sounds like your tinnitus was more likely caused by the upper respiratory infection than the kidney disease. Maybe your tinnitus will calm down as soon as you are totally over the infection. Sometimes it does work that way. Another possibility is that the increase in tinnitus is due to an antibiotic you're taking for the infection. Are you still taking an antibiotic, and do you know if it is ototoxic?

I think it's wonderful that you're taking piano lessons; I love the piano, too. You're right to try to do the things you love in spite of your tinnitus. If you can continue to do that, you'll probably notice that your tinnitus does not seem as bothersome after awhile. It's best to try to keep going as always, and not give in to the tinnitus.

We're glad you've joined us. We're a great group, and this is a very supportive community!!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Karen..thank you!! I have not been on antibiotics since before Christmas. My T started around the last week of February. I had fluid in my ear... so the ent put a tube in my ear to drain the ear. Two weeks after the grommet was put in ... I had it removed..because I couldn't handle the tunnel sound I had. My ear is healing over.. There is a scab over the ear drum. It truly has been a nightmare. I really don't think the T will go away... I just want to get past the point of my brain getting use to it.

4. here2help

here2help Member

Tammy,

I’m very sorry you are having a tough time. Try not to let yourself jump to conclusions.

The increase in the volume of your tinnitus may be due to the infection you had this past November. Do you know if you were diagnosed with otitis media? This is an inflammation of the middle ear. Sometimes, the increase in tinnitus can linger for a while after an infection has completely cleared up. One reason this may occur is the Eustachian tube sometimes doesn’t work up to par for a few months after otitis media has been treated and resolved.

In many cases, the tinnitus will revert to its normal volume, but you may need to be patient. You may also want to talk to your doctor to see if he thinks the fluid in your ear is completely gone and to ask him if he has tested your Eustachian tube function.

Your doctor is right that tinnitus can be due to abnormal kidney function.

here2help

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Thank you here2help. No I have not been tested for otitis media. I may have to see to check into it.

6. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

Tammy
      I'm a Christian too (by the grace of God!); I'm so glad to hear you're not having the spiritual crisis I had when my T hit me (Feb 2013).
      I will keep you in prayer; and like everyone is saying, it may heal up. A buddy of mine got an infection like that and his T went away after five months.
      Take deep breaths and know that we are praying too...

Mark

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Mark!! Thanks for the ray of hope! Jesus is my life! I have shaken my fist toward the lover of my soul... but in the end can't but help lift my hands and heart in adoration and praise! It rains on the just and the unjust. My faith has been tested for sure....but I praise God that I run toward Him and not away. Praying for you too.

• Like Like x 2
    8. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I will pray for you...

9. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Tammy
      Yeah, it's good to tell (yell) God how angry you are -- He can take it; just don't get bitter, you can't take that. I wish I had your spirit when my T hit; I'm doing great now but I learned that I'm just not good at suffering. Then again, T is not for wimps.
      Glad to hear from a sister!

Mark:huganimation:

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR