Hello :) Tinnitus for Over a Year

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Empress27, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Empress27
      Artistic

Empress27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi, I'm Empress27. I'm 25 and have had T for almost two years now. I got this after a very bad cold in January 2014. I suffer with problems with my nose as well and during this cold I was completely bunged up. Couldn't breathe out of nose whatsoever. I found when this happened the noise started. It's a loud ringing noise. After taking steroids to get rid of the problem with the nose, the noise remained. I have had my hearing tested and there is nothing wrong with it. The Dr at the hospital refused to listen to me about how I started having tinnitus, preferring to believe that it was because I listen to loud music. (Because of my age perhaps?) I don't listen to loud music or anything like that at all. Lately, (past few weeks) I feel that it has become very loud in my right ear, to the point I can hear it over other sounds. I'm really getting frustrated with it. I thought I had come to terms with it before, but since it has started up loudly again I'm really unhappy. I can't wait to go back to the Dr's (even with the massive waiting times) but I am not looking forward to being told that there is nothing they can do for it.
      I try and put masking sounds on in the background when I sleep and during my work hours (I'm a teacher). I'm just so frustrated with the impact that this is having on my life. I joined here to talk to people here who know what I'm going through, so thank you in advance. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      These spikes happens a lot and when it happens you have to adjust again to the new level. Can be frustrating since you had cope already, but T it's really a pain in the ass. Just try not to go down or depressed, because better days will come after it.