Hello to All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jif, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Jif

Jif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zeppelin, Beatles
      Howdy-

I am new to the forum. I have had tinnitus for 3 plus years. it seemed to come on suddenly. After two useless visits to the audiologists, I was directed to try some free samples of a popular tinnitus pill. This did nothing for my condition. after 2 years, my hearing started to decline as well, First the left, then the right, back and forth a couple of times, each time worse. Ringing is usually of a moderate level, but I can no longer hear the difference between G, T, P , etc., and it is difficult to hear 'th' and the soft S in words like 'seems'. I know there are no miracles for my condition, however I am going to sign up for the next stem cell study I can find. I hope I can make some useful contributions to this group, as well as glean from it.

Thanks, Jif

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Susan1103
      Tolerant

Susan1103 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1988
      Hi Jeff, sounds like nerve damage from loud music. Mine was caused by The Who, 1988. Good luck in your search for relief, keep us updated!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jif

Jif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zeppelin, Beatles
      Hello Susan

I didn't mention a King Crimson concert in the 70's at a Manhattan venue. Ears rang for three days. Your assessment is likely correct. I should've stepped outside till the end. 'I won't get fooled again'.