Help/Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Reed, May 20, 2015.

1. Reed

Reed Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Okay, I've had T for a year or so now and for a while I had it under control where I never really noticed it unless I was in a quiet room or trying to sleep. But recently, about a month or so ago I was in a car accident and the airbags deployed causing my hearing in both ears to become very muffled for about a week. I also noticed that the T in my right ear had become increasingly louder to the point where I can now hear it while I drive or even in my room with a fan on. I do recall that I hit my head on the airbag when it deployed, so i'm wondering if that could have cause the T to become louder or maybe the sheer volume of the Airbags deploying. So I did call my doctor to see what I should do from there and she said to take some zyrtec because she thought there might be some fluid left in my ear from a previous sinus infection. But that leads to my question whether or not the ringing in my right ear will go back to its normal volume. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this same experience as I have had and whether or not it went away after a few months. Thanks for the help.

2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      To be honest I would wait and see and get some NAC supplements quickly to protect your hearing! Good luck buddy.

3. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      your explanation is too vague
      if u got hit in face by the air bag or banged yourself in the head get yourself proper MRI and ct scan, not just for brain but complete head esp jaws and ears

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yeah, I agree. We need more detail to help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      When a airbag goes off it is very loud maybe the sound exposure made it worse..

6. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      i can not catch the time line from the point got hit in the head with air bag to doctor advising to take zyrtec cause it could be sinus infection.
      but what ever it may be, to be on the safe side i say the situation warrants proper diagnosis.

7. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      A doctor friend had the same incident, with an accident and an airbag blasting his left ear. He had no T before the accident and now has hearing loss and T as a result. He did say he habituated after 2 years and it doesn't really bother him much. Not great news, but he survived the ordeal.

You may get back to baseline after the initial shock wears off.

God bless!

Sailboardman

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      These airbags don't sound safe...Then again I'm scared of balloons I seriously hate them...The world is really loud, too loud in-fact.

• Agree Agree x 1