Help for My Tinnitus: Should I See a NUCCA Doctor?

Discussion in 'Support' started by pk1996, Jun 4, 2020.

1. pk1996

pk1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad posture and Chiro
      I developed tinnitus almost over a year and a half ago. At first it was high pitch and it took some time for me to get acclimated. I tried many solutions at first including cleaning my ear wax, seeing a GP, seeing 2 ENTs and many more. I also had a clicking noise behind my head and this could only be hear when I was walking. My head would click everytime I walk and take a step. I went to a regular chiropractor at first and after a few session my tinnitus started to get worst every time. I started developing a new type of tinnitus and it increased in intensity when I turned my head to all extremes. It would increase in pitch and frequency when I stretched my neck to these extremes. The tinnitus also shook when I exercised. You can imagine shaking a bell every time I went for a jog or jumped up and down. A couple of months later I read up that my neck may be causing the issue and I should see an upper cervical chiropractor. I decided to try an atlas orthogonal chiropractor. I went for a couple of sessions but my tinnitus exploded from a intensity of 3 or 4 to an 8. I started finding it more difficult to sleep. He said my atlas was off by a couple of degrees but adjusting with his instrument has made it extremely worse. I decided to get an MRI but it seems like doctors said mainly everything was good. The upper cervical recommended NUCCA but I have not decided to go yet as it is also upper chiropractor.

Since I get a big reaction when I move my neck and have my atlas adjusted, should I see the NUCCA doctor? If not, what should I do?

Some characteristics of my tinnitus:

- Massaging my neck may make my tinnitus quieter but not always.
      - It increases in intensity from poor posture.
      -For example. When I sleep face down, My head not facing straight up when I'm lying down. My head or neck in an awkward position.
      - I generally wake up in morning with no tinnitus and it would flare up after 1 minute.