Help Identifying Tinnitus Frequency

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ma78, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Ma78

Ma78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm having a hard time matching my tinnitus frequency. I think it is pure tone. Using online tone generators I've just discovered that (on soft volume) my right ear can hear up to 15000hz but my left ear taps out at about 11000hz.

When trying to match my tinnitus frequency it seems to be at about 11000hz.

I'm wondering if this is a coincidence? If I've damaged left ear hair cells above 11000hz+ then what are the neurons that map to those frequencies doing now? Potentially frizzing away and giving me tinnitus? :)

Can anyone correlate their hearing loss with their tinnitus frequency?

2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I have a small dip at 4K and I think the tinnitus sounds about 4K but I also have pinging tones and hissing.
      Mine is noise induced.

How did you get yours??

Have you had a hearing test at an ent??

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ma78

Ma78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Noise induced. Had a hearing test a year ago when it began and they said i was in normal ranges. I noticed no loss of hearing after getting tinnitus, but it is clear from my own online tests that my left ear has lost the upper ranges. (> 11000hz).

Anyone else see correlation?

4. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      That's the problem, most ent's don't test above 8k
      My hearing loss is pretty much the same in both ears. Both dip at 4K and cannot hear above 13.5k according to online tests.