Help: Repetitive Fragment of a Tune and Two Tone Patterns

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anna V., Dec 22, 2017.

1. Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have repetitive fragment of a tune and two tone patterns in one ear that have increased and sped up. They are testing my sanity. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't know what to do

Have hyperacusis and tinnitus is reacting to pretty much everything so I haven't found a way to mask it

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Yes, me and other two members of this forum.
      I do not have time to write more, i have to go, but i will ccome back with details when i will find some time.

Do not worry. In my case it went away. Have hope that it will go away in your case too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you

4. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Can I ask: How does your T react to everything?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Traffic sounds makes low tone louder, other sounds make other tones louder. I've been spending too much time in silence as a result but nobody has thus far been able to help me break out of the cycle

6. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      First question: for how long this fragment of a tune has been repeting itself?
      Second: have you heard this tune that a fragment of it is repeating itself from a source of music?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Further advice/information welcome from anyone. Been discussing some of above questions offline

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Could Lustral (Zoloft/Sertraline) cause this kind of stuff to increase? The patterns etc were there before but faintly/or not insistently. Yesterday they sped up, some came higher pitch and more often
      Only thing I did differently apart from a late night, was start 25mg Lustral 2 days ago.
      Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If so, is it safe to just stop taking it?

10. jonjoseph

jonjoseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres
      I`m a new member since ten minutes ago . This tinnitus matches what I have . I looked up Musical Tinnitus and the question --do you mean music tinnitus ? --gave me a clue that it`s not very common .
      I started with short musical phrases. I tried to influence it by concentrating on giving it extra notes. I had no success with that at that stage. The phrases would repeat all day non stop and if I woke in the night it was still going on . Later this turned into real music. one was a German Marching song from radio broadcasts when I was a child . Then the French National Anthem. Later the American one too . One at a time . One day a male singer soloist with very annoying vibrato . There are no words though . More like orchestral sounds or male voice choirs humming. Always in tune and good tempo apart from an irritating version of a Christmas Song ---Now here it is Merry Christmas --everybody`s having fun .That one.
      A very common one is a Sarabande by Bach which I learned on a guitar .Quite long passages from it . I ought to listen to the Mass in B minor to get that running full time . Beautiful music in that .
      If it stops I may end up missing it . It`s hard to tell .The faulty left ear has just about packed up completely this month . Currently exploring the pros and cons of various implants .

11. jonjoseph

jonjoseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres

12. jonjoseph

jonjoseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres
      If you say it went away , it may come back again . This is how I have learned the sneaky ways of Menieres . Sometimes the dizziness can stop for more than a year . The Tinnitus , I don`t remember so well when it began . It`s never loud enough to stop me hearing people speaking. If I am in a room on my own and switch off the radio I need to double check it`s off as I still hear music . Also switching the hearing aids to silent does not stop the music .I keep a relaxed attitude to Tinnitus and have never tried taking medecine for it .One interesting feature is where in the brain or memory the music comes from . Remembered tunes from childhood onwards will pop up .Not necessarily my favourites . Last month the radio was on in the next room .It was classical music and I was concentrating on soldering some copper pipes for the central heating. Later in the day I started to hear unknown passages. It was from the radio earlier on and I realised I was hearing in between passages on the piano .Like a second violin part but not the tune itself . It had recorded or imprinted from music that I was not actively listening to that same day . You will know the Rachmaninov 2nd concerto from Celia Johnson`s film Brief Encounter . Quite nice as internal mood music . An interesting development in my tinnitus . When Tchaikovsky was very young and ready to sleep he used to ask his mother "Tell the music to stop ".