Help with Finding the Right Doctor

Discussion in 'Support' started by JeremyA, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JeremyA

JeremyA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Ive had T for a log time ever since i can remember but in the past few days it has gotten extremely bad, but this morning while in bed i popped my neck and the T stopped for now. i have always played video games since i was young on my bed stomach down and head reared back looking up at the tv and i think this may be the cause of my T, should i see a Chiropractor about this or is there someone else i should see?

P.S i played games A LOT spent most of my days with my head cranked back like that so im thinking maybe something is getting pinched in my neck?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JeremyA

JeremyA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      This sucks i have done every Google search imaginable to find treatments for something i just found called cervical tinnitus? but it seems they are all theories and no one actually treats this. I found a good paper on this but i cant link it sadly.

3. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Hi Jeremy,

I am not going to say this is a fix, but research Cranial Sacral Therapy. I guess some physiotherapists may have training in this technique. It is meant to work on the central nervous system. There is a guy in the UK who pioneered it and presumably cured himself. I am cautious about these things, but it might be something to research further. It seems we all try different things to try to work through the process of acceptance and treatment.

Blair

• Like Like x 1
    4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Yes, I would definetly see an experience ostheopath and/or chiropractician if I were you. There are many good threads here, which you have probably already read. Find posts of @Mr. Cartman for example.

5. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I tried Cranial Sacral Therapy and honestly I thought it was a waste of time. Sorry to say that.

6. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Hi Sound Wave,

Well, at least you tried, I am trying Neurobiofeedback, it is one of the treatments out there, but my brain does seem to be coming down from where it was, which will hopefully bring my anxiety level down. Its worth a shot, if I didn't try it I would never know. It does temporarily agitate my T, so I guess my brain is resistant to change that the therapy is trying to impose.

Blair

7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree: cranial sacral therapy is worth a shot in your case, as well as a visit to the chiropractor, but there are no guarantees. I plan to try it some day. I also tried acupuncture; helped a little with noise reduction, then that was it.

By the way: Were you wearing headphones/earbuds when you were playing those video games? Just curious.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JeremyA

JeremyA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Yes normally i always had them in but there wasnt always sound on and it rarely was loud when there was sound. but i went to sleep sunday night with my normal quiet unnoticeable T and woke up on monday with it screaming loudly, so maybe it is just a spike? but the thing is sometimes i get my neck just right and it seems to stop. but im also getting bothered by loud noise so i am pretty confused right now