Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Baris, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Baris
      Balanced

Baris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
      I am a 34 years old healthy male with a height of 1.76m and weight of 75 kg. In other words, if we don’t take the mild depression into consideration, I didn’t have any health problems. (Although I wasn’t aware of it back in those years, everything started 3-4 years ago.) After being diagnosed with depression by my medical doctor 3-4 years ago, for 6 months I used the Prozac drug prescribed by him. At the end of the 6th Month, the side effects of the medicine started to appear as vertigos and headaches, and consequently I stopped taking the medicine. However, life was more tolerable with Prozac and I had to restart taking the medicine, so I retried Prozac after a couple of months… I encountered the same side effects again. I thought that the problem could be stemming from Prozac so I tried a tried several different antidepressants within periods of long durations, all of them yielded to negative results and I encountered the same side effects with all of them.

I tried Lustral (Zolosoft/sertaline), which is referred to as a weak antidepressant.. this antidepressant also wasn’t weak, the same side effects occurred and the tinnitus started the next day; a continuous high pitched noise with high volume. At first I thought that it would go away in a couple of hours, but it didn’t. 4 hours later, there was no change in the noise in my ears and I got anxious. After researching a couple of sites on the internet, I was introduced to T. I learned what a troublesome disease it is. I searched for a success story on the internet for 3-4 weeks. I needed the success stories of some people who have managed to get rid of this trouble; I looked for a path to follow, but all I could find was horror stories… I was all alone with the high pitched noise in my ears. What awaited me was sleepless nights and days full of depression.… probably it was the worst thing ever happened to me until this age, in other words, if you will be asked to list the worst things that can ever happen to you, T would easily be at the top 10; T would not kill you, but it will turn you into a living dead. In the words of the writer Robin Sharman: “Some people die at the 20 but they are buried at the age 80”.
      My life could not go on like this. I am a person who installed sound insulation to my house before installing heat insulation. I am a person who hates the noise coming from the neighbors and from the honks of the cars outside etc. But now I was having a continuous noise in my ears, which was far worse than those noises. Thus I was having a hard time believing that this was happening to a person like me. Because I cared too much about the annoying noises and I couldn’t live like this.
      I had to do something… I researched too much, I applied several natural treatments and now my recovery rate is 90%
      (what a great recovery rate from a chemical damage.)
      and I wrote a tinnitus diary...

2. Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Welcome Paris!
      I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you have depression and T it can be very difficult, the T feeds the depression for sure. I think it is important that you will try to deal with the depression issue as much as you are trying to resolve the T. You will find a way to find a balance. It takes time, but you will get there. In this forum I have seen postus about depression and T. Maybe you could ask advice from them and also see a professional.
      :welcomesignanimation:

danza

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Baris
      Balanced

Baris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
    4. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Hi Baris, will look into your app. Looks good.
      So what does 90% recovery mean?
      Did the sound go down or do you habituate and just don't care?
      Anything special you did?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Baris
      Balanced

Baris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
      Hi Martin,

Sorry for late answer,
      90% recovery means that my damaged auditory nerves or cells almost healed.
      if you read my diary, you'll know the T levels that I ve mentioned on the app
      I never heard T6/T5/T4 levels since april.
      but sometimes I still hear T at T3 level... I only hear this sound one day in a week(almost) and im not affraid of T3 level. 'cause T3 level's volume is about 20%(max), its ineffective.
      so the sound went down.
      habituate the T6/T5/T4? i think no one can habituate those levels, especially people as i am.