Hi All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aylp, Aug 30, 2014.

1. aylp
      Depressed

aylp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Hi all,

I just have become a member. And I cannot believe my eyes that you guys are so dedicated and active!!

I am saying this because I have multiplicity of conditions. I had a mild Meniere's which always reacted well to corticosteroids and forgot about me for 3 years. In my last injection something went wrong. First while in injection, I started hearing the load roar of the tinnitus (Imagine I actually heard the tinnitus starting!), instantly my higher frequencies crashed. I told the doc: "something is going wrong!"... After days hyperacusis started, fullness crept into and then dizziness, then eye blurring and then eye pain... It is unimaginable what inner ear is capable of!!!! I suspected it was a gentamicin administered instead of a corticosteroid... After various tests I am still undecided (some tests say yeah some no and if there is anybody interested we can talk) and I am going to the alleged top doctor just for him to tell me what I got!

Trying to keep calm with all the difficulties my ear has provided me!

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi aylp, a warm welcome to you. I thought I had replied to you yesterday but I guess not. Our purpose here is to help each other, try to answer questions, give tips when we can.
      I am not knowledgeable with Meniere's or hyperacusis, I do know that both can be horrible. There is a forum here that is dedicated to hyperacusis.

Hope we can help...

3. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      How are you doing? Are you sleeping well? Sleep is so important with tinnitus and related disorders. It will affects your mood and may increase your volume.

When are you scheduled for your doctor's appointment?

Let us know how it goes.

And I'm sorry you're suffering. We've all been there. But you will get better. And we're here to help offer support or direct you to articles of interest.:)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aylp
      Depressed

aylp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Hi Jazz,

I am not doing alright at least for today. Dizziness seemed to subdue lately but my hyperacusis became worse which worries me a lot.

Due to my dizziness and hyperacusis, I become very exhausted in the end of the day so I fall a sleep like I have drunk 2 bottles of wine that even tinnitus does not seem to wake me up...

I am in the UK but I am scheduled for the doctor visit in the US on the 9th of September. I hope he will be able to do something. I am really not sure whether I have Meniere's anymore as I have no vertigo attacks which is the main manifestation of the disease..

Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it. Is this really going to improve?